Support system

By lynn - 17/02/2010 06:30 - United States

Today, I found out my cousin - who suffers from bipolar disorder - shot herself in the chest and has only a 20 percent chance of living. I told my boyfriend, while crying, and he held me for a few minutes. As soon as I got quiet, he pulled out his iPhone and started playing a shooter game. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 275
You deserved it 4 432

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your boyfriend probably thinks people respawn in real life like in CoD.

naww that's pretty sad :( if he did it on purpose I think he deserves a punch in the face . but maybe it was a coinsidence :o

Comments

ndiesal 0

In all fairness, he probably just didn't think that he shouldn't play a shooting game at that particular moment in time. I don't think he had any bad intentions...he's just a dumbass.

I bet those "few minutes" where in fact well over an hour. Also writing a FML about this is disgusting, yes I bet YOUR life is ******. Egocentric bitch.

KingRDZ 0

it sucks for your cousin hope he/she gets well but your bf is funny. I wouldn't do that but he did which is totally unexpected in your situation which only makes it funnier

YDI. You clearly didn't care that much if you came on FML the day of instead of going to be with him/her.

For all we know, the cousin could live halfway across the world.

exactly. You complain about your boyfriend playing on his iPod but it's ok for you to sit on FML bitching about it? ydi

altaira_fml 0

ALL FMLs start with the word "today", even if it happened years ago.

How the hell is this an FML OP? You were not the one who shot themselves in the chest. It makes you a self-centered bitch to come on this website, post that story, and ask for sympathy for yourself. Your cousin is the one who's in trouble. Whatever your boyfriend did is irrelavent because of the simple fact you want sympathy for yourself. You obviously don't care enough about your cousin to put yourself aside for her ordeal, so why would your boyfriend?

@155 uh the cousin ****** their own life. her life isn't ******. she wanted to die and tried to get what she wanted. now she's unconsious and not in pain. it's her family that is in pain. so yeah the cousin deserved it because she did it to herself. and the op could say her life is ****** but not because of her bf.

323Felicity 0

1: This might not have happened today; 2: The cousin might live far away and the OP can't visit her.

i have done something similar except with an android phone haha

If your cuz shot herself in the chest then that's one less crazy to deal with

some_girl9 8

I'm on the fence with this one, seeing as how the OP and the OP's boyfriend are both dicks. Yes, she's a dick because she's on here looking for sympathy instead of being with her cousin, when it's her cousin that is the only actual victim here. And yes, her boyfriend is also a dick because it was more important to him to play an idiotic game on his phone than to console his girlfriend who has a family member dying. My opinion: They're BOTH full of shit.

I agree with you on the bad but the girl no