Stuck

By Anonymous - 21/10/2020 20:01 - Australia - Sydney

Today, I was told by my boss if I was late one more time he fired me. I replied, "Can I quit then if that's the case." He then said no, and gave me more shifts. FML
I agree, your life sucks 455
You deserved it 1 039

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ojoRojo 27

You don’t need permission to quit, that’s not how jobs work

I heard about a time where there were certain workers who couldn't quit. They were called slaves. In many places, it's much more beneficial to be fired than to quit voluntarily.

Comments

I heard about a time where there were certain workers who couldn't quit. They were called slaves. In many places, it's much more beneficial to be fired than to quit voluntarily.

ojoRojo 27

You don’t need permission to quit, that’s not how jobs work

Everyone’s right. You don’t need permission to quit. Employers always expect you to be loyal to them. As if they’re really doing you a favor letting you work for them. They’d expect you to give them a 2 week notice before quitting. But they can fire you on the spot. I say **** most employers. Why is it a lot of people learn all the lessons of working for other people AFTER they retire or can no longer work? All we can do is to pass the lessons learned to the younger workers.

bl3ur0z3 17

So he won't let you quit, but he gave you a tip on how to get fired. Sounds like he wants you to collect unemployment? Be a week or two late to your next shift.

bobsanction 18

"If you wont let me quit I'll show up when I damn well please"

peterblack67 9

Do you not realize you don't need his permission to quit?