Still a better love story than The Matrix

By Anonymous - 15/08/2021 20:01 - United States - Ann Arbor

Today, my wife quit her job, not wanting to go back to in person at her office, to be a stay-at-home mom. Tomorrow, for my birthday, I was going to tell her that I'm not in love with her, have found an apartment, and signed a 2-year lease. I can't afford the apartment, mortgage, and the kids' tuition. FML
I agree, your life sucks 576
You deserved it 2 588

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pink unicorn 7

so she quit her job to be 100% dependent on her husband's revenue and doesnt even take the time to warn him first? what kind of selfish person is this? i'm sorry but you shouldnt sacrifice for her. keep your plan and leave

Did you not know her plan to quit and be a stay-at-home mom? If you did know then you really needed to be honest then, and if you didn’t I can see why the relationship is failing.

Comments

Jeremy Strang 7

Haha. Good. Not for her, but, you know.

Jeremy Strang 7

Why do I have nothing but downvotes for making fun of this guy, when the majority of responses are that he deserved it?

because the comments disagree. they're both at fault. he shouldn't have signed a lease without talking with her first, and she shouldn't have quit without talking to him first.

Did you not know her plan to quit and be a stay-at-home mom? If you did know then you really needed to be honest then, and if you didn’t I can see why the relationship is failing.

leogs23 24

You can always airbnb that apartment 👨🏽‍🦲

pink unicorn 7

so she quit her job to be 100% dependent on her husband's revenue and doesnt even take the time to warn him first? what kind of selfish person is this? i'm sorry but you shouldnt sacrifice for her. keep your plan and leave

Sounds like her personal problem. In marriage plans like quitting a job are announced ahead of time. imo signing the lease should have been held off too until you told her how you felt. And you should have told her when the application was approved. This lands on both of you, but mostly her. Cutting off income isn't something you don't communicate ahead of time. Staying with her as a stay at home mom gives a basis to give her primary custody and you being the one paying into child support. Talk to a lawyer asap.

Sonotsuave 35

You'll just need to get a few more jobs to pay for all that. Send your kids to public school. If you're going to make your kids live in a broken home, you might as well go all the way in sabotaging them by sending them to public school! (JK, public school is usually an excellent choice. If you want to **** up kids, homeschool them 😂)

Dirtysalamander1 13

sometimes homeschooling is better then some publics schools.

Warp1978 15

I say go forward with your plan, she sprung her change on you with out discussing it first. You can surprise her with your lifestyle change as well, I would say though your probably going to end up paying for the kids education anyway via child maintanece.

You say you can't afford an apartment, mortgage and tuition. Sounds like you're in a miserable situation. Get the apartment and let everyone else figure the other out. Because 1. if she quit and you carry her, your alimony will just be more if you wait. 2. Tuition for who? A grown child over 18. Reality is a hard lesson. 3. The mortgaged house? It's not like you're going to get to keep it after divorce. 4. Just get the apartment and have some peace for a little while.

all these people saying she quit her job without telling him? What about him leaving her, renting his own apartment before talking to her? He will still have to support the kid, and probably her either way....

If he decided to leave then there is nothing to talk about. It would be awkward if he stayed there after *leaving*, so having an apartement beforehand is a good idea. Seems to me he planned to keep supporting the kids but she made him a sole provider without any discussion.

FakeFriendMagnet 1

You probably shouldn't have waited to tell her but I agree you should keep your plan and leave her asap.