Stickler

By GN. - 17/09/2012 04:47 - United States - New York

Today, I got stopped by the fuzz. The officer told me he "could care less" about my excuses. He was probably about to let me go without a ticket, but my inner Grammar Nazi kicked in and I explained why he meant to say "couldn't care less." I got the ticket. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 350
You deserved it 47 105

Same thing different taste

Top comments

beccaishereyay 11

Sometimes you just got to force it down. Sorry about the ticket.

Comments

Haha, good on you. You can't take it back now so you may as well be proud. Hope the ticket wasn't too big. But if one of your excuses was actually legitimate then maybe you should complain? I know you can't threaten police officers or start to get out of hand but I'm pretty sure they can't hand out tickets just for grammar correction.

Actually, I'd they had cause to write the ticket, they can give it for any reason they feel like. When I get stopped I usually joke around with the officer. It's gotten me out of quite a few tickets. They are just doing their job in stopping us. I find the more pleasant you are, the more likely it will just be a warning. And when I first started driving I had a lead foot, so I was stopped quite a bit. Fortunately, I grew a brain about speeding with age.

To everyone that wants to call the police station to complain when they get a ticket...this is what court is for. Show up for your court date and dispute the ticket. If you were guilty of the ticketed offense, pay your fine or make arrangements before your court date. Don't skip your court date and get a bench warrant issued for your arrest from the judge for failure to appear at court. You're welcome.

OP is right. There is NO excuse for bad grammar.

agonydrum 7

Correcting someone's grammar is rude and makes you look like an arrogant chode

This particular example wasn't the right time or place for such a thing, but knowledge is meant to be shared. If you'd rather be ignorant than endure a little bit of embarrassment then that says a lot about you.

kglo 7

And your inner Grammar Nazi had nothing to say about you saying the fuzz, a term better placed of the original Hawaii Five-O shows?

I hate that too, but sometimes you just have to bite your tongue!

CoryX 9

Cmon man, never give the cops any excuse to bust you. They sure don't need any

And this he proved, he could indeed care less

FireFlie07 20

You cannot diss a cop. They put up with too much crap to be patient with Dum dums.