Spelling is hard

By WTFFAIL - 03/12/2009 09:08 - United States

Today, I finished a 50-page term end thesis essay on the history of Russia. Looking over the final requirements once more, I find I made just a tiny little mistake. It was supposed to be a thesis on "Prussia". The paper's due tomorrow. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 199
You deserved it 39 829

Same thing different taste

Why is the last mile the hardest mile?

By oldhabitsdiehard - 03/07/2022 14:00 - Netherlands - Wageningen

Today, I'm supposed to hand in my Master's thesis. I only very vaguely remember my enthusiasm of six months ago, but remember clearly that - this time - I was planning to start in time and avoid last-minute stress. Seeing the sun come up at 5 a.m. tells me that it was a tad too optimistic. Just ten more hours to go… FML
I agree, your life sucks 292
You deserved it 1 029

Top comments

Wow. **** your life indeed. But hey, at least you can come on here and read the comments from dumber people who will say "zomg lol whut's the diffrnce?" and "Prussia iznt a country lolz!!one!!" Good luck, comrade.

Comments

I would email the professor and tell him he made a typo in his instructions, having misspelled Russia and all. Tell him that you did not let such a tiny error deter you from completing the assignment though. (p.s. I know that Prussia is a country)

lwdjaymac 1

No it isn't. It used to be a state in the German empire but hasn't existed in any official form since the 1930s. :)

billyH 0

Use find and replace. Hope no one notices.

Well, you could always try to swing it and try to tell your professor that since Russia was once a part of Prussia, as was Lithuania, which later was absorbed into the USSR, and the Czech Republic, which had been part of the Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic, which was a founding member of the USSR, that you were just writing about Prussian history from the Russian/Soviet point of view.

Zorian 0

Russia was never a part of Prussia. Prussia is German, Russia is Russian. Russia was never part of Prussia because the Polish-Lithuanian Empire was between the two, which Prussia, incidentally, never controlled either. In fact, at times the Prussians and the Russians were sometimes allied with each other, usually against the French, who were under the command of Napolean.

Zorian 0

I guess you could say that during the Cold War it technically was, but Prussia ceased to exist in 1871 after German unification.

Check a map of Prussia. They did control a portion of the land that we now call Russia.

Czech republic being a part of Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic? OMG. Check wiki or something.. that's bullshit.. oh and technically the Czech republic only exists since 1993 so..

capthavoc123 0

You're an idiot. That's all that needs to be said. Just because Prussia had a tiny portion of what is now part of Russia, that doesn't mean Russia was a part of Prussia. Besides, a paper about the history of Russia would not be about Prussia, so that still makes your suggestion retarded.

For all the people telling the OP to ask the professor for an extention, or maybe he'll take pity on him......that's NOT what happens in college. Even if work on a paper 22 hrs a day for 7 days, if it's on the wrong subject, you get a zero. You don't get ANY points for effort. OP-you deserve it. You should've read the requierments, not just glanced over them. YDI.

um, yeah, sometimes in college professors realize students need pity taken on them. Not all profs are dicks. I once didn't do a 10 page paper and the teacher actually gave me an extension like 2 weeks PAST the final.

antagonist 0

Wow, your life sucks, and not because you wrote a paper on the wrong subject. Your life sucks because you have so little to do that you waste your time making up fake FMLs. Something tells me that if you had a 50 page paper thesis assigned, your professor would have reviewed the assignment multiple times. You would probably have also discussed the assignment with your classmates. Theses of this nature usually also require a written topic proposal at which point your professor would have stopped you and said "not Prussia, Russia". FAIL.

perdix 29

Russia? Prussia? What's the difference? Iceberg? Goldberg? What's the difference? (Full joke available upon request.)

perdix 29

OK! An old Chinese guy and and old Jewish are sitting next to each other on a park bench, quietly enjoying the day. Suddenly the old Jewish guy gets up and starts pounding the old Chinese guy. The Chinese guy yells, "Hey, what's that for?" The Jewish guy says, "That's for what you people did at Pearl Harbor!" The Chinese guy replies, "That was the Japanese! I'm Chinese!" To which the Jewish guy mutters, "Japanese? Chinese? What's the difference?" and then sits down. A few minutes later, the old Chinese guy gets up and starts pounding the old Jewish guy. The Jewish guy yells, "Hey, what's that for?" The Chinese guy says, "That's for what you people did to the Titanic!" The Jewish guy replies, "What the hell are you talking about? The Titanic was sunk by an iceberg!" To which the Chinese guy mutters, "Iceberg? Goldberg? What's the difference?"

Haha, I'm at work and started laughing... Luckily the lobby was empty...

Damn, I hate when that happens. Best thing to do is to put a disclaimer before the essay explaining the screw-up. It might save face.

sdcrazy1018 0

I call fake. Obviously if you're doing a paper that big on something, you'd of talked about it in class.

You would HAVE talked about it. "Would of" is not an expression.

YDI, and this one is Bullshit as well. From the looks of it, the professor probably gave this assignment near the start of the semester. Also, he probably went over the assignment a couple times during the class on what the SUBJECT matter was, how to write the paper, etc... You mean to tell me that you not once asked your professor, or fellow classmates for help, or what the subject matter was?!