Some people just want to watch the world burn

By WANTED: livable planet - 12/01/2023 12:00

Today, I mentioned to my parents that, considering the state of the world, the government needs to get its act together and ban guns, gas cars, meat, animal products, and plastic, among other things. They threatened to kick me out, saying I should "go live with the other dumbass hippies." FML
I agree, your life sucks 353
You deserved it 2 037

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Government should never ever have that much control of your life. I can't even tell you to go live with hippies because they are for freedom

Not hippies. If you want to join people who use government to take away rights and freedoms from everyone, join the Republican Party. Just tell Ron DeSantis that meat is "woke," and you'll get your government-mandated vegetarianism next week.

Comments

I understand what you're saying. Though, I don't think it is a governmental job. We are 8 billion people, and it seems like the majority don't want to work for a better world. Democracy rules. Sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

Government should never ever have that much control of your life. I can't even tell you to go live with hippies because they are for freedom

Not hippies. If you want to join people who use government to take away rights and freedoms from everyone, join the Republican Party. Just tell Ron DeSantis that meat is "woke," and you'll get your government-mandated vegetarianism next week.

Marcella1016 31

LMAO sounds like the perfect plan actually.

Republicans are after guns, cars, and freedom of speech? news to me. liberalism is a disease

Blobby McGee 5

you are part of the problem, thinking like that. Yes, let's give all control and trust to an institution that has a history of tyrannical control, and human rights violations. Wtf is wrong with you?

cpguru24 15

Sounds like something one of those Middle Eastern countries might do. Join the Taliban Reduce your carbon footprint and that of the American swine!

you really need to grow up and learn about the world. if all those things were banned you'll realize you can't get your precious Amazon orders and the economy and job market would collapse. your parents are right.

If you are going to call on the government to change things, then you better offer alternatives that enrich them personally to see it happen quickly.

Yeah, no way am I going to be forced to drive an electric car, which would require me to completely upgrade my house's electrical system just to charge the damn thing. And not just me. In my area, electric cars are very rarely seen, and there's one charging station within a 50-mile radius. Banning meat? You do know people need protein to survive, right? Guns, eh, I don't care if they're banned or not - they're going to cause problems anyway.