Social parasites

By wasp infestation - 03/10/2016 04:54 - United States - Aurora

Today, the owner of the house I'm renting said he doesn't want to pay $4000 to fumigate the home, and that he'll take care of the issue himself. I have killed 30 angry wasps in the last hour. There are thousands living in the walls, but I think their favorite place is my bathroom and my bed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 525
You deserved it 1 022

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe sit down with all the wasps and find the source of their anger, maybe their parents weren't there for them, maybe they were bullied in wasp school, a conversation is all you need so nobody else has to get hurt.

Does your contract cover pest control, or is there a state requirement for landlords to provide it for certain murderous pests? If so you might have a case to bring it up or allow you to break your lease and move somewhere else.

Comments

I would run away real fast then sell all my belongings including house then be institutionalized

You should be able to take your rent ( if current/ not behind) and go to your local courthouse and have it stuck in an escrow account, you pay your rent there until he has fixed the issue, he will have to provide proof that he has fixed the issue before any of your rent money is released to him... I had to do that where I lived once, as there was a mice issue that the landlord failed to mention and wouldn't do a damn thing about. We ended up killing almost 100 mice, I boxed them Up afterwards with a 30 day notice and shipped it to his door..... also have photos and video of anything wrong, as the landlord may try to take you to court for breaking a lease agreement even though it's their job to maintain the home in a livable condition.

ncparry 18

$4,000 seems a bit steep, regardless it's his responsibility. Pay for it yourself and take it out of the rent or sue him.

You DO realize how illegal that is, right? Landlords are legally required to maintain the property to a safe and habitable state. Tell him he either does it or you'll report him to local authorities.

You can break your lease if it's inhabitable

Colorado tenants are legally entitled to rental property that meets basic structural, health, and safety standards and is in good repair. If a landlord fails to take care of important maintenance, such as a leaky roof or a broken heater, you have several important legal rights, including the right to withhold rent until repairs are made. ~found this online