Sneaky

By TheHarvardian - 25/10/2012 06:59 - United States - Ft Mitchell

Today, I got fired from a job that I've had for four days for being too "secretive." Apparently, I was leaning over my notebook so that my boss couldn't stand behind me and read what I was writing. The email literally said I was "being too sneaky". They were work notes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 147
You deserved it 1 898

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Before you leave, put a sticky note pack in your cubicle that reads: "Since you seemed so keen on being a nosy ass, I made this note especially for you:" Then make him flip through about twenty sticky notes with arrows or "Almost there!" before he gets to: "Go **** yourself." It won't get you your job back, but you'll be laughing your way through the unemployment line.

echosaints 5

Why didn't you just show him the notes?

Comments

Easy for me to say when it's you who will have to find a new job, but it doesn't sound like a great place to work in any case. Hope you find something better soon.

perdix 29

How does the fact they were "work notes" make it better? That makes it much worse! You looked like you were trying to steal company secrets for sale on the open market. You've got to be an open book for the first few weeks before you become bizarrely furtive and suspicious. ;)

They were work notes to hopefully improve her performance at work. Her boss just literally shot the company they work for in the foot.

perdix 29

Company's don't have feet, so the boss couldn't "literally" shoot the company there. We don't know anything about these "work notes" except that she wrote them down in a suspicious way.

perdix 29

#49, you are correct, sir! Sorry for the error, but such an egregious misuse of "literally" make me so mad I lose my mind, *lowers sunglasses* literally.

How could you infer more than this FML implies? That's just being stupid and trying to hard to get vote up. Vote me down I don't really care, but don't be stupid and try to read into this more than what they tell you in their post. *lowers sunglasses*

No, not really. Them being "work notes" just make the situation more ridiculous, because as trainees we were expected to take notes on how to do the job while we were being trained.

BellaBelle_fml 23

And only people who are as ignorant as you seem to be would say such a thing. Every country in the world has its own stash of people who are just as inane or, simply put, moronic as the next. Stupidity has no ethnicity.

22- for your first comment, that was a huge fail.

Mister_Triangle 21

Yeah. In North Korea they fire you by forcing you to stand in one spot and hitting you with a mortar. No, seriously, they just did that to a general.

KVKdragon 26

I feel there should be a small committee that needs to give an approval or something before bosses can officially fire people :(

Oh, God. Can you imagine the crippling bureaucracy that would create? Bad idea.

olpally 32

Punch that bastard/bitch in the face then show him/her your notes... What a nosy fuckface...

It's okay op I was fired for standing with my arms folded behind my back. It was a habitual habit that I couldn't break so they fired me. Companies like yours are not worth staying with trust me.

I know the feel. OP i too hate it when people stand behind me and watch over me, regardless of what i am writing

wanted4myeyez 7

Unless it was an 'fire at will' u should fight it