Smart kid

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States - Pleasanton

Spicy
Today, my neighbor pointed at me and said to his best friend, "This motherfucker still lives with his mama. That's why he can't get no pussy." I'm thirty. My neighbor is eleven, and correct. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 654
You deserved it 8 355

Top comments

Well ignoring the fact that an 11 year old shouldn't talk like that, maybe consider getting your own place and starting an independent life.

im guessing you are leaving out other key facts that contribute to your lack of said pussy

Comments

To everyone who voted YDI: there's nothing wrong with living with parents at 30. I'm 27 and still haven't moved out because I can't find a stable job. And even if I did, I wouldn't be able to live on my own because most jobs there have a salary that ranges from 600 to 1200€ per month (even the ones who require a degree), and that's definitely not enough. The average apartment rent here is 450€ alone, plus bills (600€ minimum every 2 months), groceries (expensive as hell), taxes, insurances, gas, etc.

Not sure where you're from because your profile doesn't divulge that information, but while living with your parents at the age of 30 may be quite normal where you're from, it is pretty unusual and frowned upon here in the US, even now that "kids" have recently begun living with their parents longer due to a poor economy and high education costs. It's a recent phenomenon that economists and talking heads are freaking out about that people are living with their parents in their mid and maybe late twenties, but thirty? That is a bit nuts, even now. I see OP lives in California where the cost of living is quite high, so that may have something to do with his predicament. I don't really have much sympathy for that problem, though, because unless his mom has some legitimate need for him, there's no reason he can't simply move to Arizona or another nearby state where prices are much lower. He's thirty for goodness sake.

Maybe its none of your business if he wants to live with his mom. Perhaps he is looking for a house but none are available in his price range, or maybe they discovered its cheaper if they split the bills and both of then now have more money to spend on enjoying life.

Ianamis 6

I assume you're still young. The thing is in some ways you can't afford to move out it is much better to live with your parents and save a lot of money before moving out. It isn't like it use to be where you can just have a GED and move out that is done those days are over. Hell my generation maybe the first in a long time not being able to retire until our mid to late 70s.

It may very well be none of my business, but it's not as if OP didn't volunteer this information willingly in a very public forum where he knew people would be openly discussing his living situation. And of course it's cheaper to live with someone else and split the bills. That's obvious. But he could just as easily do that with a roommate in an apartment. And if he's living with his mom because he's holding out for a house rather than living in an apartment then that's his prerogative but then he can't complain when grown women don't want to sleep over at his mama's house. And he's not really enjoying all that life has to offer if he can't even get a date, is he? Just saying. When I met my husband he was 32 years old and not exactly Mr. Money Bags. He was splitting a two bedroom apartment with a friend and working customer service at a theme park. He was living comfortably but not particularly well, but guess what? I had a hell of a lot more respect for him because he was living independently on a small income than I would if he had still been living with his father. No, I would not have even considered dating him if that had been the case. You know why? Because a grown woman wants a man, not an overgrown boy still sucking his mama's tit, whining about how life is so hard. Sorry, that's life.

#23, I'm 27 years old, married, and supporting my new husband, since he is currently unemployed, having quit his job to move thousands of miles away with me because my job required it. I joined the military at the age of 22 so I could move out of my parent's house, and am very much aware of how difficult it is to start out in life these days. I realize that not everyone is willing or able to join the military like I did, and I certainly don't envy those who have to figure out how to make it in the private sector, but given that OP has had twelve years since he graduated highschool to figure something else out, I'd say he's brought this on himself excluding extreme extenuating circumstances. To put it into perspective, if his mom had given birth to another child the year OP graduated highschool, OP's little brother or sister would be in middle school now and going to highschool his or herself in another two years.

RedPillSucks 31

actually, it's quite common,especially in immigrant families

36, I don't have statistics but I have honestly never met a single 30 year old living with their parents. And immigrants bring their culture with them when they come to the US, so if it's normal for petite to love with their parents where they come from then naturally that's how they'll continue to live here.

Badkarma4u 17

I'm going to call bs. I guarantee you will find many people living on their own. Making what you say you cant live on. What have you been doing in the past 9 years. Getting an education. Learning a trade? Working an apprenticeship? Hell, the military will give you a free place to live.

Holy shit, 54, thank you. I was beginning to think I was the only person in the world who still believes that able bodied, mentally competent adults are actually responsible for taking care of themselves. Really, half the time someone says they can't afford to move out of their parents' home, what they mean is that they can't afford to move out of their parents' home and continue to enjoy the lifestyle they want. *Gasp!* You mean adulthood is difficult and requires personal sacrifices? No way! Although I'll add that in some places in the world, people live with their parents much longer than here in the States, not for their own benefit, but for the benefit of their parents. The average wage and cost of living simply requires more incomes to run a household in some places. That's vastly different, though, than a person who lives with their parents just so they can save money for themselves.

Here let me try to explain this to you. Lets say a person has a great relationship with their parent. Lets add that maybe the father is dead/gone. This person may stay with their mother and split the bills like they would with a roommate. The difference is now they are helping family. We can also say that the mother stays out of the child's business and he can do mostly as he pleases. They both now have more money and are happier. Now this person starts dating but doesn't want to have sex witv just anyone they want a connection first. Lets say most women are as judgemental as you and leave the moment they hear he lives with his mother, but one day he finds a nice girl that understands his situation and finds it sweet that he is helping his mother. They start dating and eventually move in together, but he helps his mother find a place she can afford by herself first.

I guess you don't like read, 66, because I said REPEATEDLY that his mother needing him was one of only a few acceptable reasons a thirty year old might live with his mother. Even so, his mom of an adult too and eventually she needs to get back on her feet and let her son live his own life.

*is an adult. And you call me judgemental. Ha! If you're thirty years old and still living with your mom and don't have a really ******* good reason for it, you deserve to get some judgement thrown your way. Like I said, women want to be with a man, not a boy. That's not being judgemental. That's knowing your own worth and not settling for someone who is going to need you to take care of him.

tarlax 11

Jesus Christ, lady. There's 70 comments on this FML and 20 of them are yours. Give it a ******* rest already.

Ha ha! Really? My bad. I just really can't stand people who think it's okay to live with their parents well into adulthood, and it seems that that is literally every person here except for me and maybe two other people.

tarlax 11

Then why keep commenting? You'll never convince anyone, even if your overly opinionated thoughts weren't incredibly stupid. I guess some people just have massive egos and can't shut up and get off the soapbox.

Just wanted to comment on this one. You should try going to developing countries. Mostly also parts of SEA. There are a lot of people living with their parents. Different cultures, yes, but the opinion in here is far too one-sided. Put your feet in their shoes for a change. I am an independent man myself, but I don't go "OMG HE'S LIVING WITH HIS PARENTS AT 30 EWW". They all got their reasons. Just be open-minded, aye?

Right, because packing up and moving to another state, which can be hundreds of miles away, where you know no one, know nothing about the situation there, have no prearranged work, and would be unable to check the status of living arrangements before going is such a smart idea....

#14, where the hell do you live? Even with 1200€ you can perfectly live fine if you don't live in "luxury" meaning a car or a fancy cell phone contract with the newest phone. Just do a little bit math and get your priorities straight.

may I ask where do you live? sounds pretty much like the country my parents live in.

Just ignore him OP. He's being a douche, you'll get a girl someday I'm sure

koganti 18

Don't sweat it, small karma will bite him and teaches him small lesson.

Many have said that the OP may not have moved out because of the poor economy, finding a decent job, or the mother having health issues. While these are all legitimate reasons not to move out. I would like to add another that I feel is missing here. What if the OP has a health issue that prevents being able to live alone. Example: Due to a condition I have had since birth, I probably will not be able to move out unless I find someone to live with / marry.

That is indeed a legitimate reason to live with your parents as an adult and you shouldn't feel bad about it. If OP is in a similar situation then he shouldn't get down on himself for living with his mom either. But if that were the case, I would think he'd have mentioned it. Maybe I'm wrong, but if it were me, I'd certainly mention it.

There's a 300 character limit on FMLs, including spaces and punctuation. It's pretty ******* difficult to phrase complex medical history requiring one to live with someone for safety and health reasons in the full 300, let alone the 106 he had left. Most medical issues that require such measures would require more than the given 300, especially considering that 9 of them are mandatorily occupied by "Today," and "FML" by site rules. There's also the fact that some people have medical issues that make them unable to work the hours needed to support themselves, but don't meet requirements for government aid, or are in the 2 to 8 year waiting process for disability. Moving to another state in the case of lack of work is stupid, since it could easily result in complete isolation from support systems which causes psychological and then physical stress. It also puts one more at risk for violent crime. Some people don't meet the specifications to join the military or other government careers. It also sounds like the OP has a job and is one of the, in my state at least, one out of two employees that are underemployed- as in, working a job that is either part time with little potential for future full time, or several pay grades below what their degree would entitle them to if the economy were not in a depression. So while it could be lack of effort, it could just as easily be that the OP isn't suicidally overconfident or has been shafted by the economy. A follow up would be needed to determine where the OP falls. It should also be noted that, people from cultures that encourage living with parents until marriage, generally keep up the practice for several generations if the family relocates to the U.S.

I have a feeling that this kid is one of those x-box playing, Doritos sniffing idiots who say that they ****** your mom. I can see his future and it has no "pussy" in it.

Badkarma4u 17

Play that conversation out in your head.

I hate when people judge you just because you're adult and still live with your parents. Even if you can afford living alone, you don't have to move out immediately. If you haven't found the right person to spend your whole live and to move in with, and you're in good terms with your parents, it's ok to live with them. I am 26 and just move out from my family house to live with my boyfriend. I didn't feel the need to do it earlier, because I don't like to live alone, and I really don't know, why should I.

I got sick of living with my parents when I was 21 so I went to a recruiting station and was shipped out to boot camp right after my 22nd birthday. If I wasn't able to join the military, I would have gotten an apartment with a friend of mine following the promotion I was going to get at my convenience store job. My parents are great people and we have a wonderful relationship but I couldn't imagine still living with them now and I'm only one year older than you. Wanting to be independent is very healthy and the freedom that comes with it is awesome. I just don't see why anyone would choose to live with their parents if they don't have to. And there's also your parents' independence to consider. Eventually, there comes a point that you're just over staying your welcome. 26 seems a little old for living with your parents to me, but even so, not outrageous. 30 years old and still living with your mom? I'm sorry, but unless there's some medical or severe mental issue involved or a sudden unforeseen job loss, that's just pathetic. At that point you're an adult who is just refusing to grow up and that's not healthy at all. I'm getting down voted like crazy here for saying so throughout these comments, but I calls them as I sees them.

Ever think it was a mutual agreement to save both parties financial stress?

Like I said before, 67, OP and his mom are both adults. Unless there's something legitimately wrong with either one of them that makes them incapable of taking care of themselves, eventually they both need to get their shit together and take care of themselves. A temporary arrangement in the face of misfortune is one thing. Making it a long-term life style that holds either one back in life is no bueno.

Kids are savage. I guess they take after their parents.

Kids these days are getting worse and worse.