Skincare routing

By Tomatoe Face - 22/04/2014 05:31 - United States - Antioch

Today, I used a facial mask for super sensitive skin, recommended by several friends with similar skin issues. Apparently, when the warning says, "May cause some slight redness for thirty minutes", it really means, "Your face will have hives and swell to twice its normal size for several hours." FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 457
You deserved it 4 950

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I used to use skin creams for acne and sensitive skin. I found it made my face worse.

Some people with sensitive skin can find those "natural" ingredients worse than the chemicals that are supposed to be bad. I do sometimes. But I also know if you have sensitive skin and are trying a new product, you ALWAYS DO A PATCH TEST. OP learn from this. I test near my elbow, then on a small section of face if unsure. Slathering it on your face is asking for trouble!

Comments

Or maybe you're just dumb and are actually having an allergic reaction. Go get a shot of steroids, and for the sake of humanity, don't breed.

FYL because that definitely sucks. but at least it wasn't a body lotion right?

Awk shit OP :( FYL. I know how that feels, I have very sensitive skin that sometimes even experts say should be OK for it but it's not. Hopefully it's all calmed down now!

Sounds more like an allergic reaction than a sensitivity issue, so they weren't necessarily wrong to have not put your particular symptoms on the warning label

That used to happen to me too. Pretty much all facial masks are too harsh for me, try making an avocado or cucumber mask, they're really gentle and since you make it yourself you know there aren't any harsh chemicals. Hope that helps!:)

You should remember that for Halloween :D

Same shit happened to me when I tried Proactiv. I thought my face was going to melt off. Try moisturizing with coconut oil. It kills bacteria and leaves your skin feeling amazing. It certainly worked wonders for my skin.

bigdfootball97 24

Maybe you had an allergic reaction to it…

paramor3 23

You know...you may have an allergy....

Things like this, you try on your wrist.