Silver linings

By Anonymous - 17/04/2009 18:42 - United States

Spicy
Today, I went to the doctor and found out that I am infertile. When I called my boyfriend of 2 years, with whom I was hoping to have a future, to talk to him about it, all he said was, "So does this mean I don't have to wear a condom anymore?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 65 127
You deserved it 7 389

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He was pretty insensitive if he knew you wanted to have kids. Although the no condom thing is good news.

He's just looking on the positive side

Comments

kwbuzz23wk 0

i just love how all of the girls on here are saying "the guy was insensitive", he was somewhat insensitive (sp?) but news flash HE IS A GUY! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU EXPECT? but in all seriousness, if you want someone sensitive, got to your girl friends.

CeeCee_fml 16

I'm sorry to hear that you are infertile but it isn't the end of the world. Your self worth as a woman is not measured by how many babies you can pop out. You can still be a mother to an unwanted child. Also, he still wants to be with you. Also, to be honest, if I were your boyfriend I would of asked the same question or at least had it stored away in the back of my head. He didn't have to be so blunt though, should have been more considerate. I would just hope that you both get tested before stopping your usage of condoms(if you do). Better safe then sorry.

HolyFlare92 0

#86...You're a moron. People like you make me ashamed to be a human being, much less a man. He should be sensitive, granted he may not know how to handle the situation. To tell her to go to her girlfriends for moral support not only undermines what a relationship stands for, but it is being shallow and selfish of him. So please, may I ask you politely, next time you have a thought, just close your ******* mouth.

#87 - Why should men be held to lower standards than women? Are they inferior? Are they not capable of emotional expression? You are so sorely misinformed. If you are a male and speaking out of your own emotional inadequacy, I feel sorry for you, and anyone naive enough to love you.

HolyFlare92 0

Sorry...I meant to direct mine at #87, not #86.

I think what was actually wrong with this was a simple lack of empathy. Naturally, the sexual benefits are going to cross your mind. And maybe after a few hours or the next day it would be appropriate to bring up. But when someone comes to you upset about anything life changing, it's not appropriate to throw the "bright side" in their face right off the bat. When someone's parent dies, the first thing you tell them is not "Does this mean you get the house?"

HolyFlare92 0

Well, people hand varies subjects differently. I doubt you will treat someone who recently discovered that they were infertile the same as someone who has recently lost a loved one.

kwbuzz23wk 0

in response to the quickly outraged posters... no we do not have to be held to lower standards but there are things that we do not understand like her girlfriends would have, one is when our uterus stops working (we do not have one). Also guys are more blunt about things, thats how we are. Don't get me wrong he should have waited to ask something so stupid but she does not need to be suprised that a guy said something stupid. also it would not be shallow and selfish of him to inform her that her girlfriends would be a better options. If he says "bitch i don't wanna hear it, go to your girlfriends with that shit" he is an ass, but i have told my girlfriend if she needs help in a sensitive situation her girlfriends are who she should go to first and she understood and it works out great. and to #90, there are many other reasons to be ashamed of being a human being. Males not being as sensitive as females should be the least of your worries.

#90 and 91. Couldn't have said it better myself. My husband is an amazing man and would never have immediatley thought of the slight dulling while getting off after being told I couldn't have kids! I would never go to a girlfriend instead of him! A relationship isn't a one sided **** fest without condoms. Men are just as capable as being emotionaly supportive as any female!! If your significant other was in emotion distress why woild you want anyone but yourself to be there for them!