Shoulda, woulda, coulda

By Anonymous - 12/01/2021 02:02 - United States

Today, I found out about bitcoin around 2012 when it cost $20. I had about $40k of money to invest at the time. That would be about 2,000 BTC. If I'd just bought and held onto it until now, it would be worth $60,000,000. FML
I agree, your life sucks 558
You deserved it 777

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And with one government action, it could suddenly be worth $0.

tounces7 27

I told my (now ex)wife back in 2010 or so that I wanted to start farming bitcoin, but she thought it was a dumb idea and wouldn't allow it.

Comments

2010 when it first came out it was much cheaper then. sad thing is even as volatile as it is to invest in it will only go up from here. buy what you can on even if it's a small fraction of a coin. keep adding to it over time. little by little.

And with one government action, it could suddenly be worth $0.

tounces7 27

Bitcoin is stored locally, they would have gotten rid of it by now if they could have, but it's not that easy.

What I mean is that the Congress can assert the dollar as the exclusive currency and outlaw crypto transactions. This would restrict crypto to black market value only.

tounces7 27

Doesn't work. Citizens aren't supposed to own gold either, but they do anyway. It's really hard to ban stuff like this believe it or not. Especially in a Democratic Republic.

US citizens can't own gold? I'm not sure where you're getting that from. That prohibition was lifted in 1975.

that's not true you can own and trade gold. all it took was a Google search to find out they repealed the ban

No it can’t. Please explain how 1 action could stop bitcoin?

tounces7 27

I told my (now ex)wife back in 2010 or so that I wanted to start farming bitcoin, but she thought it was a dumb idea and wouldn't allow it.

Hindsight is always clear. But don’t buy something when it’s now expensive just because it was once cheap. All that means is that it may be near peak, making now the wrong time to buy.

Nhayaa 21

And you couldn't get the money anyway, so...

Kristoffer 35

You made the right call with the information you had at that time. It's never a good idea to put all your investment money into one thing.