One law for me, one law for thee

By Anonymous - 12/01/2021 11:01

Spicy
Today, my boyfriend said he wants a poly relationship. He said he wants to sleep with other people, but I can't in case I get feelings for them. Thats not what poly means, dude. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 236
You deserved it 154

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tounces7 27

This is when you tell him that he's free to sleep as much as he wants, with whoever he wants....except you.

He knows that's not what poly is. This scumbag is just looking for an excuse to cheat and hopes you'll be naive and gullible enough to accept. Time to leave or throw him out.

Comments

He knows that's not what poly is. This scumbag is just looking for an excuse to cheat and hopes you'll be naive and gullible enough to accept. Time to leave or throw him out.

He's proposing a semi-open relationship. It's a great deal if you can get it.

Warp1978 15

Yeah but so few of us do, or one partner gets jellous. It happened with my wife and I. She was working away from home alot and struck up a friendship with a coworker which turned into relationship. She came back and explained what was going on and after I'd cooled off she suggested that I do the same and helped me find an FRB but after six months or so she started getting a bit possessive and I decided to rescue the marriage rather than the relationship. Although we are still friends so that's something.

tounces7 27

This is when you tell him that he's free to sleep as much as he wants, with whoever he wants....except you.

As a polyam man, with multiple partners (wife, gf, submissive gf).... this dude needs a reality check. Polyamory is ABOUT the development of multiple emotional relationships, not about the sex (which it's pretty awesome). It sounds like there's a load of research to be done, and some emotional maturation. Good luck.

It worries me that you do know what it means.