Should I snitch or should I go?

By Anne - 12/04/2022 14:00

Today, ever since he got out of jail, my brother thinks it's hilarious to use the skills other inmates taught him to break into my house, setting up pranks, or watching tv and waiting for me to get home. It's mostly harmless, but it is still majorly pissing me off. Should I call the cops if he continues? FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 164
You deserved it 129

Same thing different taste

Top comments

slhiggx 17

Have you tried talking to him about this? Up to you if you call the cops, there will be consequences in some form from doing so. Be ready for whatever it could be. It might only make things worse.

Jennij717 4

Comments

slhiggx 17

Have you tried talking to him about this? Up to you if you call the cops, there will be consequences in some form from doing so. Be ready for whatever it could be. It might only make things worse.

No, the cops will just put him back in jail. Give him a key so he can come over whenever he wants. He obviously loves you and being with you means a lot to him.

kitten79TX 5

Partly. Getting the cops involved would be a mistake. She should take her concern to an appropriate professional: Dr. Phil.

Jennij717 4

you should tell him, that him doing it so often could possibly teach others to break in so, he should stop for your safety.

kitten79TX 5

Tell him to stop breaking into your house or you'll call the cops. But you have to mean it.

Breaking in entering is still breaking in entering. Don't be afraid to call the cops. It sucks, but he brought it on himself. Learning tricks in prison is one thing. Being dumb enough to try them once out, is foolishness.

At some point, you either accept him being a douche that didn't respect your privacy and space, or you do something about it. Up to you. If you warned him several times and he still doesn't listen, it's on him if the police is called on him, not you.