By Anonymous - 19/12/2014 10:41 - United States - Athens

Today, I was shocked to notice that my hair has started growing out entirely silver, supposedly due to pregnancy. I'm 19. Apparently, according to my aunt, "It runs in the family." FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 615
You deserved it 6 732

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Embrace it. My brother went silver at 15. He made it work for him. The chicks go bananas.

Could be worse: what if female balding ran in the family?

Comments

Embrace it. My brother went silver at 15. He made it work for him. The chicks go bananas.

ahippienamedrae 10

How do you know? maybe she's bisexual

McNikk 15

yes 39, the guy who went silver haired during pregnancy.

I think what #15 was meaning to say was that, OP didn't want a "chick" because she's pregnant and most likely to have someone

I think what #15 was meaning to say, was that OP wasn't looking for a "chick" because OP is pregnant is likely to have someone in her life

Not sure if that's really cool or really horrible.

I think it's pretty awesome tbh. Rock it :D

A lot of girls these days tone their hair to an ash grey or silver anyway, OP. Be happy you're all natural!

"Pregnancy runs in the family. One day, you'll just wake up pregnant." I have a feeling someone learned sex ed in a religious school.

Come on. I believe they were referring to weighing the options. Do you want to be pregnant more than have silver hair? Also I don't believe a lot of religious schools teach sex Ed. Although they should. Abstinence is not an education.

Pretty sure it was in reference to #2...the person said he is not sure if it is really cool or really horrible....to which he responded the hair, or being pregnant?...

Religious schools do teach sex ed don't be silly

TanzWolf 26

Silver hair can be real damn cute. You can make it work!

ber4fun 23

What's the difference between silver and grey hair?

57: If you're young you call any grey hair silver to make yourself feel better.

You're 19 and pregnant!?!? But why?

addictedtoIASIP 14

Because she can be? There's nothing wrong with being pregnant at 19. She's an adult she can make her own decisions

Just because you can doesn't mean you should... A high school education doesn't mean anything at all anymore and statistically the odds are against being a teen mom and furthering your education. Obviously there are exceptions.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

#13 You can get pregnant even using protection. It's not a 100% safe thing.

18, in most places people are done high school by age 17 (sometimes 18 if you have an early birthday). She probably got married and is having kids right away. Or else she's having a kid on her own, but either way she's most likely done high school.

OP is 19, so she's most likely done with highschool, and she is an adult now, so I think she is allowed to get pregnant.

My husband and I had our first when I was 19 (he was 21) and we're both perfectly happy and doing just fine. We're expecting our second now, actually.

One can still continue an education while being pregnant/raising a child. Not all teen pregnancies end in dropouts.

can people not tell others when they can or cannot have babies? its none of your damn concern

#18 obviously there are. I got pregnant my sophomore year of high school, kept my now beautiful 11 year old daughter, graduated high school early and am now one semester shy of completing a double major BA in psychology and philosophy. A lot of teenage mums I know (as we are a gang and all know each other) also finished high school and either finished university or have established careers. If I can do it at 16 then OP can definitely do it at 19.

my mom was 16 and pregnant and she's successful, so don't go around judging

itcomesinthrees 10

Well technically anyone is allowed to get pregnant. Being a teen mom will limit her options, but it's her life so that's her choice to make.

samy_yo 12

if you have a daughter at an early age chances are she's gonna be just like you. like mother like daughter, so good luck when your little **** gets pregnant at 14!

but obviously she doesn't want to be, so get off your high horse.

Could be worse: what if female balding ran in the family?

SharnaaaBanana 22

I'm 18 and balding already. At least you have hair.

That's an odd hair color for your age, you'll make the difference! Just embrace it