She said yes!

By it's shitty, yeah, stfu - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - Sweden - Trollhättan

Today, I proposed to my girlfriend. She said yes, and I excitedly called my mother to tell her about our engagement. She half-heartedly said, "Aww, that's nice", before changing the topic to what she'd found in her turd earlier. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 016
You deserved it 2 720

Top comments

carleybeak 21

Well sure sounds like your mother is excited for you.

Comments

lec17 10

I wonder what you talk about with your brother

If it was worms, Did she say her underwear looked like a sidewalk after it rained?

Unless it was gold or the remnants of a bowel tumor, she was an inconsiderate bitch. You can do better.

SApprentice 34

33- It was his mother who said that, so it might be a little hard for him to do better. You really can't just trade your mum in for a new model.

Yeah, I was half asleep when I read that, my mistake. Thought it was the little woman who chose to engage in a scatological discussion.

OP- Way better your mother turd-prospectin and your GF excited than the other way around!

Ummm- you DID read the fml right, and you know it's the OP's mother? How do you suggest he go about "doing better" than his turd-probing mother?

SApprentice 34

That's inconsiderate of your mother. She obviously doesn't approve of your choice in partner, but she doesn't need to be like that about it. You need to tell her that this is a serious part of your life and that you would really appreciate her support. Also, your nickname makes me happy, OP. Thank you for waylaying the numerous "that's a shitty situation" comments that usually follow these types of FMLs. Congratulations on your engagement!

Narcisse_fml 25

Maybe that was her way of telling you that your engagement means shit to her.

I smell perdix creeping up on this one

Well, that was a pleasant conversion. :/

adam_night 9

Hey congrats OP, and hey at least she let you talk first.

fksfsdhfsdfh 26

You should have raised your mom better than that!

If you're referring to the absence of a Perdix comment thus far, I agree with you. But not all hope is lost, not yet! I'll give it until about #130 or so.