Divorced dad energy

By ihatemyex - 23/05/2020 14:00

Today, a woman I’d never met came to my door asking if my kids were ready to go. Obviously I refused to send my kids with a stranger. Apparently she’s my ex's new girlfriend and "has his permission" to come get my kids. Now he’s threatening to take me to court for violating the visitation order. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 569
You deserved it 171

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sady_Ct 37

The fact that she was a complete stranger.... you would have been a fool to hand the kids over. Explain that to him or the court.

If he's never told you about her you are in the right. I'd send an email or message to him about all this so it is 'in stone' and he can't back out of saying he was never told...

Comments

If he's never told you about her you are in the right. I'd send an email or message to him about all this so it is 'in stone' and he can't back out of saying he was never told...

Sady_Ct 37

The fact that she was a complete stranger.... you would have been a fool to hand the kids over. Explain that to him or the court.

ojoRojo 27

Pretty sure you’d win that court case

Look in your divorce decree, if it says he can select an agent or person of his choice to pick up the kids, then as much as it sucks, he can do that. Now that you know she's his girlfriend, you have to let her get them unless you go to court to have it changed. Honestly though, if he hadn't told you about her or introduced you, then I don't think a court would punish you for not letting the kids go with a stranger and will likely tell your ex he should have given you a heads up. I had my Visitation order changed to the only person besides my ex who can pick up my kids is his wife. I don't like or trust her, but I don't trust his judgement of who else he might send, so it was the lesser of two evils.

Taylor Caldwell 10

The fact that she just said ex and not ex husband makes it seem more likely they were never married and just dated and had kids.

She specifically said they have visitation order. That means regardless of whether or not they were married, they went to court over the kids. And it's bighly likely their visitation order says the ex can send "an agent" to pick up the kids for him. In which case she WAS in violation, but it's likely the court would be on the o.p.'s side.

Keep all your messages from him. Ask him why he didn’t tell you he was sending his gf over? Or give you her name. I’m pretty sure the courts will side with you

tounces7 27

Let him take you to court. You have no obligation to release your children to a stranger.

simple misunderstanding due to him forgetting to tell you this himself

CLW240 5

what the actual ****??? is your ex an idiot?? no mother in her right mind would give their children to a stranger. pretty sure the courts will support your decision