Say hello, wave goodbye

By Anonymous - 11/07/2009 18:11 - United States

Today, my boyfriend wanted to take me to a movie after days of not seeing me. This long-awaited date involved me paying for food and my movie ticket when he ran out of cash again. He then dumped me as we left the theater walking to his car. Yes, I financed my own breakup date. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 821
You deserved it 4 863

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe part of why he broke up with you is you seem like you expect to always get paid for, treated, and funded on a date. Depending on how long you two have been together for some guys this can get annoying and seem greedy of you after awhile. Don't get me wrong I'm a girl, but yeah I don't just assume my boyfriend will pay for everything. I bring my money and I am fully willing and able to pay for myself on a date it doesn't bother me. If he offers to pay though I'm fine with that too. Also, I offer to pay for him and I both sometimes its an equal giving process. So yeah the breakup was probably over other stuff too, but it really is not so horrible to have to pay for a date. Also, maybe this last date was his last attempt to see if you'd change your approach any. Have you ever even offered to pay for the dates or been grateful when he has paid? Not assuming one way or another just genuinely wondering.

FYL, I'm sorry to hear that. Find someone who will treat you well :)

Comments

Ok major skankes you think it's unfair to be treated that way. Oh you had to pay for just your self. And you just expect the guy to pay all the expences everytime ahh that must suck may I kiss your feet. People like you should have been born in third world countries.

islaphippos 0

I'm sorry, you don't deserve that :(

brrrx 0

Um, do you actually expect him to pay for all of your dates? YDI for trying to live in the 19th century. I can't believe most of the comments on this... "yeah dump the loser?" How many dates do you people expect to get if every boyfriend that doesn't pay for your ticket every time is a loser and should be dumped?

XmikethekillerX 0

yah you do have a point but in this he took advantage.. he used her then broke up with her thats cold

Drnightingale 4

But that happens all the time to guys. Why is it so horrible when it happens to a girl, but ok when it happens to a guy?

Sounds like a train wreck from the start. If he had not seen you for many days, he was probably already trying to send you a message. Financing your own break-up date sucks, but I'm thinking you were missing a lot of signs. Forget it. Really. Pretend the whole thing never happened and make a fresh start. This CAN be done. And do offer to pay at least one in three times with the next boyfriend. And try not to be desperate, it makes men lose respect for you.

AnaMaree 0

YDI for being a weakling doormat.

bandit09 0

It was dutch, not like you paid for him. Sorry you got dumped though.

FYL, but at least the loser is gone. You KNOW if you married this guy he'd end up a dead beat and a douche.