Say hello, wave goodbye

By Anonymous - 11/07/2009 18:11 - United States

Today, my boyfriend wanted to take me to a movie after days of not seeing me. This long-awaited date involved me paying for food and my movie ticket when he ran out of cash again. He then dumped me as we left the theater walking to his car. Yes, I financed my own breakup date. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 821
You deserved it 4 863

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe part of why he broke up with you is you seem like you expect to always get paid for, treated, and funded on a date. Depending on how long you two have been together for some guys this can get annoying and seem greedy of you after awhile. Don't get me wrong I'm a girl, but yeah I don't just assume my boyfriend will pay for everything. I bring my money and I am fully willing and able to pay for myself on a date it doesn't bother me. If he offers to pay though I'm fine with that too. Also, I offer to pay for him and I both sometimes its an equal giving process. So yeah the breakup was probably over other stuff too, but it really is not so horrible to have to pay for a date. Also, maybe this last date was his last attempt to see if you'd change your approach any. Have you ever even offered to pay for the dates or been grateful when he has paid? Not assuming one way or another just genuinely wondering.

FYL, I'm sorry to hear that. Find someone who will treat you well :)

Comments

Drnightingale 4

What an ass. Sorry you had to pay, OP, but at least you no longer have to spend another penny on his cheap butt.