Say hello, wave goodbye

By Anonymous - 11/07/2009 18:11 - United States

Today, my boyfriend wanted to take me to a movie after days of not seeing me. This long-awaited date involved me paying for food and my movie ticket when he ran out of cash again. He then dumped me as we left the theater walking to his car. Yes, I financed my own breakup date. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 821
You deserved it 4 863

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe part of why he broke up with you is you seem like you expect to always get paid for, treated, and funded on a date. Depending on how long you two have been together for some guys this can get annoying and seem greedy of you after awhile. Don't get me wrong I'm a girl, but yeah I don't just assume my boyfriend will pay for everything. I bring my money and I am fully willing and able to pay for myself on a date it doesn't bother me. If he offers to pay though I'm fine with that too. Also, I offer to pay for him and I both sometimes its an equal giving process. So yeah the breakup was probably over other stuff too, but it really is not so horrible to have to pay for a date. Also, maybe this last date was his last attempt to see if you'd change your approach any. Have you ever even offered to pay for the dates or been grateful when he has paid? Not assuming one way or another just genuinely wondering.

FYL, I'm sorry to hear that. Find someone who will treat you well :)

Comments

if thats the kinda guy he is, your lucky to be rid of him! find someone who will treat you like a princess! all girls deserve that!

redxapplexoxo 0

In my expirence haven't seen in a few days means that your about to be dumped.

cactus_fml 0

I think that depends on your age(s). It's summer, and school's out (where I am, I have no clue as to the schedules of the rest of the world), so if you're two school-aged kids, then you'll probably see each other almost every day. However, some people have work. My boyfriend is 19 (yeah yeah, age difference, talk shit), and he has a full time job that requires a lot of his time (a lot of the time at home too, as when we're together his boss will call him up to program something, which is a hassle because I don't understand programming languages so I'm bored while his attention is on that instead of me). I don't see him every single day of the week because he's busy and tired and if I spend a lot of time with him while he's busy with something else I get bored and cranky. But I have no clue how old the OP is and it doesn't really matter at this point.

dayslikethis1 0

Seriously? It's normal, even healthy, not to be together every day.

Sounds like a fun date. He probably hadn't made up his mind fully but was thinking about it.

cucuto89 0

YDI for expecting him to pay for everything, bitch

chocoLIFE_fml 2

Yeah ydi for expecting him to pay for everything

sofad15 0

that's not what she is complaining about! He INVITED her, and than had her pay for everything, and then dumped her! Had he just not paid or just dumped her, it is not that awful. But to get a free dinner, and then dump a girl - that is ****** up. Would you like if someone invited you to dinner, had you pay for it and than said - we are not going to see each other. You would feel like a fool too! It's not about who paid! It's a totality of circumstances.

aquarius6 0
Drnightingale 4

Did you not read the FML? They already broke up.

devendra_fml 0

you deserve it for going to movies.