Revealed

By Anonymous - 06/07/2009 22:36 - United States

Spicy
Today, my coworker came over to my desk and told me that I should protect my Twitter updates, because I had unknowingly made them public. My tweets include drinking stories, all the men I've hooked up with, various cuss words, sexual innuendos, and how much I hate my coworkers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 924
You deserved it 83 313

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bexox 0

Yeah that's why you don't post shit like that online...

You deserve it for believing you could get away with it. Twitter is a viscious website that people, anyone, can look at. You totally and one hundred percent de-*******-serve it.

Comments

bexox 0

Yeah that's why you don't post shit like that online...

goalie20 0

wait until a future employer or college sees it. like #1 said, it's on the internet so anyone can see it. YDI

I'm assuming from the post that OP is an adult and is therefore likely past the point of college. Just saying.

realggirl 0

I agree. Totally deserve it. Twitter is a public site... don't you find it odd that you can view almost anyone else's updates unless they specifically protect them? They're public by default.

yea, you're a braindead idiot.....no two ways about it

Cloudy_fml 0

There is no "age" in college. ;) Okay, that's a cheesy line, I'll admit. My point is that being an adult doesn't necessarily mean that one ceases intention to further their education.

Today, I found out my co-worker had a twitter. I looked on it, and saw drinking stories, all the men she hooked up with, various cuss words, sexual innuendos, and how much she hates her coworkers, especially me. FML

me43 0

If she thought it was private then why shouldn't she?

SturmFireforge 0

There are many places that one can write down such things, most of which are entirely private and impossible to hack. Privacy means nothing on the internet. OP, might I suggest a diary?

The fault lies in presuming it was private to begin with, me43. Internet 101. The internet, or anything that even remotely uses it; even just for transmission of data = The exact *opposite* of private.

i talk about people all the time and you should have the right and the employers and colleges should not be on these web sites . they should look at you transcripts and everything eles not fml and twitter and facebook. but on the other hand do not put your stuff out there like that so what about your co-worker i hate at least two of them!

fifafan626 0

stop changing the perspective of fmls

americayay 0

no, they shouldn't look. but they do, and therefore you shouldn't post that stuff.

absentinsanity6 0

haha she probably set it to 'public' during one of her 'drinking sessions' :P

nothing is truly private on the internet.

You deserve it for believing you could get away with it. Twitter is a viscious website that people, anyone, can look at. You totally and one hundred percent de-*******-serve it.

Twitter is viscious? Either you meant that it is "of a glutinous nature or consistency; sticky; thick; adhesive", or you meant that it is "addicted to or characterized by vice; grossly immoral; depraved; profligate". Neither one really seems to fit Twitter. Good try though.

letitbe56 0

Yo, we all got that she meant "vicious" and not "viscous." In common parlance, "vicious" is a synonym for "nasty" or "mean." I'm sure you know that, but you wanted an excuse to act superior. Get off your grammar horse.

How about you take that grammatical pole out ur ass and use it to **** yourself.

omg they make grammar horses now?????? I want one!!!

if it was in his ass presumably your latter suggestion was already being fulfilled...

I'm sorry #30. I accidentally gave you a thumbs up. I give you my sincerest apologies.

YDI you shouldn't post things online that you don't want to be publicly known.

Exactly... unless it's a journal site that's practically private. Even still, you should keep some things to yourself because you'll never know who will see it.

Tripodi 0

No, they deserve it for being an idiot

Jazzywrites007 2

don't try to change someone's opinion or trivialize what they think because they disagree with you, you dumb ******* shit.

You're a careless idiot. You might as well go ahead and pack up your things.

ydi for twittering. http://robarnieanddawn.com/newsite/soapbox/lookatme.html

LOL well your coworker IS right. PS: once something is online, it's accesible to almost anyone if not everyone

no1askdu 5
jahwn 12

YDI for saying cuss words, but seriously FML.

greenltrn2003 0

do you know what FML stands for?... are u 10 or something?