Reveal

By everyoneheard - 28/03/2013 15:11 - United Kingdom - London

Spicy
Today, I was eating out with a group of friends and my boyfriend. During the meal, I accidentally took a sip from my male friend's glass. My boyfriend pointed and said, "Babe, you took his drink." My friend responded by putting his arm round me and saying, "Whatever, I took her virginity." FML
I agree, your life sucks 72 093
You deserved it 18 232

Same thing different taste

Comments

Sounds like your friend is still pining after you!

hipstagirl 8

Its kinda awkward but did he? ...

Your friend is either very humorous or he is telling the truth, in which case it was a slight towards you and your bf. Regardless, go OP friend!!!

Shoulda said it has to reach the hymen to take virginity lol

Awkward and inappropriate! I could see this being a problem in the future. While its immature to be jealous of things that happened before you were together. Its really immature and disrespectful to make a comment like that. Good luck.

What a dickwad. Two questions: 1. Why are you friends with this person? He clearly can't respect boundaries, your privacy OR the people you choose to be with. Your boyfriend must have been hurt by this jackass' comment. 2. Assuming it is true, why did you ever sleep with him in the first place? Stop sleeping with peacocking dickwads. So yeah, sucks to be you and having this kind of people in your life. Fortunately, there's an easy solution: stop surrounding yourself with them.

1. calm the **** down, some people in close friend groups have seen each other naked. They remain friends. By magic. Or maturity. 2. Again, calm the **** down, it's a joke. True or not it still works. Some people have a sense of humour. A good one-liner is hardly 'peacocking'.

#153 - These are not MY standards, but the ones implied by OP. This wasn't posted as an FML because it was a cutesy thing that nobody noticed but because she found it troublesome either for her own or her boyfriend's sake. A big part of "Maturity" is knowing when a comment on other people's intimacy is out of line, and this guy doesn't have it --evidently-- since this girl took issue with the comment. There's exes in my own group of friends but I don't remind their current boyfriends that I've made them ****** every little chance I get precisely BECAUSE I'm mature and I understand how a comment like that one could hurt a relationship or gnaw at people's trust. And bragging about having had sex with someone else's girlfriend is almost the dictionary definition of peacocking, I don't know how you could argue otherwise. Seriously, in the ballot for hall of fame peacock douchebaggery, that one. Context is everything in these situations. By just the FML, we can't infer EXACTLY how this whole thing played out. It MIGHT have been just a joke that everyone took lightly, or it might have been a problem for this girl and/or her boyfriend. I realize there's room for interpretation but I prefer to think the latter because, despite of however anyone else took it: 1. OP seemed surprised/troubled by it and chose to post it on "FML" and not "my friend is really witty lol check it out omg" and 2. It's still an irresponsible and, yes, immature thing to say given that the "how people will take it" is entirely out of this dickwad's control, he should know how a douchebag comment like that can be a joke, sure, but it CAN be hurtful; and if it troubled OP then it should trouble me, as a listener. And this is how I deal with things that trouble me so no, I will not calm down, thank you very much.

Obvious problem with this: Sheer number of FML: the follow-ups where OP admits they themselves found it funny. Doesn't actually have to have made you angry or upset for it to occur to you to post it. The guy has guts. Calm the **** down.