Request denied

By Lorne - 02/06/2023 15:00

Today, I told my wife I wanted a divorce. I haven’t been in love with her for a long time and I've fallen in love with a girl at my job. When I told her this, she responded with, “No, fuck that, we're going to couples' therapy and you are gonna be a father to our kids!” I guess that’s a “No.” FML
I agree, your life sucks 338
You deserved it 2 267

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Honestly, you should be happy she said that and didn't smack you and kick your balls. SHE LOVES YOU, YOU ******* DUMMY. She's putting in effort to salvage and maintain the marriage. You don't deserve her but you better comply. **** your wife's life. Do not cheat on her (you technically already did emotionally) Stop talking to that co worker Show effort and participate in what should be a team effort. DO NOT BLOW IT. Most women would ditch an asshole such as yourself.

Let me ask you something: If the girl at work didn't want to date you, would you still leave your wife? Because that could happen. Or you could start dating her and then for some reason that doesn't work out. Remember that most people are like secondhand cars: They look best from 20 feet away. Same with her. Some say that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. I say the grass is green where you water it . So, really give the therapy a chance. That way at least if you leave, you do it for the right reasons.

Comments

ODBeefalo 10

Nah you fell in love with the idea of the coworker. chances are you are in a rat with your wife, probably do to lack of effort. If you really are over being married that's fine, but you sound ready to walk out on your kids as well and that is shitty. people get divorced all the time for plenty of reasons and yeah it would suck for your wife, but she'd get over it... dropping the kids though, that makes you a piece of shit.

If you weren't in love with her you should have dealt with things then, not after you've got your backup plan in place.