Red flag

By Anonymous - 15/01/2014 18:25 - Italy - Pistoia

Today, I found out that the generous gift from my boyfriend of a new iPhone was only given so he could use the "Find my phone" function to make sure I'm always where I say I am each day. I'm being stalked by my own boyfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 182
You deserved it 8 942

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Be cautious, as my ex tried that same thing on me. His reasoning for it turned out to be because he was cheating on me, and wanted to make sure I wasn't doing the same! (I wasn't) Enjoy though!

My parents do this. It sucks. Just turn off location services.

Comments

Well I'm glad you found out now instead of later. Have a nice long chat with him about respecting your privacy. And maybe turn location services off, just to be safe. But, hey, new Iphone!

Quiet_one 22

"Everyone on the planet" is not cheating (though OP's boyfriend might be). However, people do tend to project their own values, standards, and morals onto everyone else, meaning they generally assume other people will think and act the same way they do. Have you ever heard the saying "a thief believes everybody steals"? This is why you get cheaters accusing their (faithful) partners of cheating in the absence of any evidence. On the flipside, this is the same reason so many "nice" and honest people are so easily taken advantage of- they literally don't see it coming.

skittyskatbrat 19

Don't let him know you found out. Pass the phone to a friend to pass to a friend to pass to a friend. All day. All over the city/town/school/etc. Make sure it spends the night at a male friend's house. All is fair in Obsessive Possessive Stalking.

That's a massive over-exaggeration 72. There are many, many, many people on the planet who would never cheat.

kryxen 14

My ex girlfriend tried to do this. Except I'm the one that bought the phones.

You two need to have a serious talk. If you've done something to betray his trust in the past, then you completely and utterly deserve this, it is the price you pay for getting back together again. However, if you did nothing of the sort, he needs to back off. I get that trust is earned not given, but you have to give a little to start out.

hunkoira 10

this kind of behavor is what ruins relationships. unfortunately it usually is a really long drawn out relationship death.

Also, unless he told you that, tracking someone without their permission is now illegal.