Red flag

By Anonymous - 15/01/2014 18:25 - Italy - Pistoia

Today, I found out that the generous gift from my boyfriend of a new iPhone was only given so he could use the "Find my phone" function to make sure I'm always where I say I am each day. I'm being stalked by my own boyfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 182
You deserved it 8 942

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Be cautious, as my ex tried that same thing on me. His reasoning for it turned out to be because he was cheating on me, and wanted to make sure I wasn't doing the same! (I wasn't) Enjoy though!

My parents do this. It sucks. Just turn off location services.

Comments

If he doesn't trust her he shouldn't be in a relationship with her. If he does trust her, he shouldn't do the "find my phone" function so he can keep tabs on her. This is a precursor to are more abusive behavior.

That is dangerous behavior. Someone controlling usually turns out being abusive. One of my friends had a boyfriend that made her use that app so he could see where she was at. Then he would go through her phone and check everything like texts, calls, pictures. She also wasn't allowed to have a Facebook. Guess what happened when she broke his rules? She got beaten. Get out while you can.

Isa_fml 20

I'm sorry but if my significant other was doing that to me, I'd call it quits. Not because of anything to hide but the whole trust subject. Besides, he's your boyfriend, not your parent. :/

justmeCee 16

I read a lot of the comments here and everyone is freaking out. It sounds to me like Op is exaggerating on the stalking thing...maybe not, but probably. It is nice of your boyfriend to buy you a $700 phone though. If you don't want him knowing where you go then turn off the location, but not sure why you would care so much unless you have something to hide. It would suck for you though if you disabled location and lost your phone or if it got stolen. The app would be useless. If it bothers you that much that your boyfriend could possibly look up your location whenever he wants and you are sooo creeped out then how about you go buy your own phone, eh? Lol.

catanita 18

Can't you disable that feature?