Rain check?

By Egtat216 - 29/07/2016 22:03 - United Kingdom - Aberdeen

Today, whilst tuning my guitar, one of the steel strings snapped and hit me in the face. Now I'm on my way to my first date with the girl of my dreams, and I'm wearing an eye patch and have a thick red line across my face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 405
You deserved it 1 469

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Chin up OP. Maybe when you tell her that you play guitar, she'll be impressed and you'll get to play for her on your second date!

If you can play the guitar at least decently for her she might understand and appreciate the sacrifices you sometimes have to make.

Comments

Kaalschneid 21

take it easy on new strings! I've been playing for nearly a decade and never had that happen. also, tune to the side your guitar, don't face to face the headstock. as long as the strings are in the saddle and ridges, it'll tune fine, and this will never happen again.

Tell her what happened, then take turns coming up with pirate names, jokes and puns! It'd be fun!

She didn't stop laughing for five minutes one I told her the story and she kept going "argh" throughout the meal. When it was done I walked her home and she said "I've got my eye on you" and she laughed so loud I herd it through her house door.

Reading this made me so happy. You'll always have something to laugh about together!

That's great OP! Glad everything worked out

bobsanction 18

At least you'll have something interesting to talk about.

you have something to start a conversation about. If she makes that injury change her opinion of you, she's a bitch.

graphicstyle7 17

Are you kidding me? Eye patches are sexy and mysterious. Especially if you get one suffering for art. If she has any poetry in her soul, it will be a plus, not a minus.

She'll be so wet when she hears that you play guitar, you'll all be ankle-high in fluid!