Rain check?

By Egtat216 - 29/07/2016 22:03 - United Kingdom - Aberdeen

Today, whilst tuning my guitar, one of the steel strings snapped and hit me in the face. Now I'm on my way to my first date with the girl of my dreams, and I'm wearing an eye patch and have a thick red line across my face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 405
You deserved it 1 469

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Chin up OP. Maybe when you tell her that you play guitar, she'll be impressed and you'll get to play for her on your second date!

If you can play the guitar at least decently for her she might understand and appreciate the sacrifices you sometimes have to make.

Comments

Maybe a guitar-playing pirate is just what she's looking for.

You could always say that you are a pirate, and that you lost "yer gud eye" in a terrible naval battle! Remember to stop by the pet store to pick up a parrot on the way. I mean, who doesn't love pirates? Unless of course this girl you like is a ninja...

If she's a ninja then maybe this could be the start of a Romeo and Juliet-esqe story. Minus the suicide of course.

Or if she's a sea merchant or in the Navy. That crowd trends to dislike pirates as well.

Well that would be why you're suppose to face away when you tune your guitar. Ydi

Aiden89 23

Chicks dig scars, or so they say. Good luck OP.

well you can always tell bad pirate jokes.... just sayin

I don't know... eyepatch and a scar? Sounds kind of cool. Anyway, if she likes you it won't matter, but I say, enjoy the "bad boy" points.

Dude! Tell her the story of HOW you are wearing an eye patch, and she may like you. Oh, and pirates. They wear eye patches.

humorousname 10

Hey man, I went on my first date with a chipped tooth and a huge bruise on my chin, and we ended up going out again

At least it's an ice breaker. If you can laugh at yourself with this it'll put your personality on display for your date.

Don't be down on yourself, OP. At least you can still tell her you're a musician, and you now have the added bonus of looking badass. That's a win-win right there!