Rain check?

By Egtat216 - 29/07/2016 22:03 - United Kingdom - Aberdeen

Today, whilst tuning my guitar, one of the steel strings snapped and hit me in the face. Now I'm on my way to my first date with the girl of my dreams, and I'm wearing an eye patch and have a thick red line across my face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 405
You deserved it 1 469

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Chin up OP. Maybe when you tell her that you play guitar, she'll be impressed and you'll get to play for her on your second date!

If you can play the guitar at least decently for her she might understand and appreciate the sacrifices you sometimes have to make.

Comments

If she is truly a dreamy girl she will overlook the eye patch and understand it will heal eventually.

secret4468 7

If she is the girl of your dreams she won't care

I legitimately laughed out loud at this. Well played.

I know the feeling.. But the worst part would be the string snapping, at least, to me.

Just tell her that you play guitar, and she'll realize that you have magic fingers. ;-)

Op, I'm sure she'll even be a little impressed that you didn't want to miss the date, even though you were injured :) tell her the truth though, lies never go well!!!

You should change your guitar strings every season, (every three month or so.) Your string snapped Bc they were old, and you didn't change them for a while. Hope you feel better soon. Snapping strings are bitches, I haven't had a popped string before, but I'm always afraid of it happening. I use a tuner and keep it as far away from it as possible.

Wow. I'm hearing that you look like a Bond villain.

Get a captains hat and a parrot, you can still play this off.

What I want to know is how you made the string so tight it popped. What were you trying to tune it to? Definitely not standard. Anyone with a good amount of experience who uses their ear while tuning should be able to know if they're tuning it way too far. Unless those strings were really, really, REALLY old I can't see that happening. I've had the same strings on my guitar for about a year and they've never popped. (I'm bad with putting the strings on and don't want to be bothered). FYL but at least you look cool.

The string was faulty and was wired incorrectly in the middle...I just didn't notice till it went....