Priorities

By ill - 02/10/2009 17:18 - Canada

Today, I called my dad to ask why my university tuition had not been paid. He said that my school was "too expensive" and he "couldn't afford it." He then asked me if I would take in his mail while he was away. He was taking his new wife to Hawaii; apparently it's beautiful this time of year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 599
You deserved it 3 612

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Shrirke 0

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. It's the same argument every two posts! Do you REALLY THINK that it's SO EASY to pay for college yourself, in THIS economy? Are you REALLY?! THAT?! SLOW?! In regards to the earlier comment about college isn't for everyone, damn straight - it's not for people who think it's so easy to do things totally by yourself! Does that make you a moocher? No! You have to find a BALANCE - which sometimes includes your parents helping you out with college. If you're one of the lucky few who found a decent job in this economy, well Effing good for you - go brag about it to someone who gives a damn...or else quit and give it to someone decent enough to deserve it. As for the OP - Damn...that DOES suck. When you find a way out of this (WHEN, not IF, because anyone who cares this much about college definitely has what it takes to make it), move on, and don't look back at him, and when he blows all his money on his new wife, let 'em starve. Good luck.

sgtcxelite 11

Who said OP didn't already have a job? He probably pays for his own food, books, etc. And there is a chance that his dad offered to pay instead of OP just expecting it.. Yes, he could pay for college himself, but his dad should have at least warned him before hand. That's just a dick move to discontinue payment without giving him time to save up the money.

Comments

Uradoosh 1

YDI sounds like you might be a little spoiled. Get student loans and pay for college yourself.

You soubd so selfish, if your father just got married, he's allowed to have something called a HONEYMOON. Get a job, and take out a student loan.

you know you can get good deals for trips like 500 bucks for a certain flight package. I'm sure your tuition is more then that. maybe pitch in since your the ADULT going to school in the first place, not him.

Hawaii is beautiful ALL year. If your dad originally said he'd pay for school but backed out, FYL. If you're just assuming that he's gonna pay, YDI.

I don't care what people say, the OP deserves a little sympathy!

Where in this fml say that OP's dad's wife is blonde? Just wondering

Maybe you should get a job and earn your way through university and stop being a spoiled brat.

endurancefan212 21

Just because the OP's parents pay for school, doesn't mean he is a spoiled brat. My parents pay my tuition, and that actually makes me work harder than ever so I make every dime worth it. I don't slack off and currently have a 3.7 GPA. How's that for a spoiled brat? How about you stop being judgmental and realize that just because someone's parents pay for their tuition doesn't mean they are spoiled!

krisanda 5

God forbid we grow up and pay for school on our own. You're an adult right? Stop relying on your parents and pay for your education yourself.