Pick me up

By Ugh - 15/11/2009 17:55 - United States

Today, I was really depressed so I talked on the phone with my best friend. She was telling me how a guy she really liked complimented her. I told her it was be nice to get at least one compliment. After a long silence she says, "You're really good with computers." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 430
You deserved it 5 908

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Actually true friends very much care if a friend is hurting. True and lasting relationships aren't built by being superficial with one another.

thats kinda cute axtually. atleast she tried (:

I second this. Except with an apostrophe in "that's", a "c" instead of an "x" in actually, and a space between "at" and "least".

your friend was just trying to find something to say.

Were you fishing for compliments? Maybe the OP just said that without wanting one. What probably made it awkward or an FML was that his friend thought she was obliged to compliment him, and that's all she could come up with. Which is sad. And a potential FML (if there is such a background). WOW -> I just analyzed an FML. FML?

#39 I'm the OP and yes your right. Except no i wasn't fishing for compliments it just came out like that. Maybe subconsciously I was fishing but i didn't mean to. Sad thing is I don't really know much about computers. If its any better for you guys she's always fishing for complements around me. I always come up with nice stuff for her. This is the first time I'd ever done anything like that. And we're the kinda best friends that tell each other everything. I've known her for a long time.

Fabby_fml 2

The point is not to be interesting, it's to make the depressed person feel better. Hopefully a halfway decent friend would care if you're depressed. But really, I don't get why this is an FML. You asked for a compliment, you got one. Upset because it's not what you wanted to hear? o_o

YDI for saying: it was be nice to get at least one compliment, also compliment fishing ain't cool.

It's better than putting it in your facebook status and not having a best friend to call. Yes, I know someone who does that consistently.

'True friends' (or good people for that matter) don't go out of there way to bring someones mood down.

If she had to try that hard to find something positive about you, why are you even friends with her?