The one with the phone addiction

By Anonymous - 29/06/2019 05:15

Today, after feeling like I've been sucking as a friend and contacting a friend who has called me their best friend, but doesn't talk to me much, we grabbed a coffee. The whole time I was trying to have a conversation, she was on her phone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 563
You deserved it 184

Same thing different taste

Top comments

your friend checked out of the friendship! confront her with your concerns and make her do the same... something good MAY come up from that!

Comments

Sometimes people are just oblivious. I don’t think she meant anything by it

But op probably didn’t mean anything by the things done that caused the friends to complain. Or the friend was purposely doing it to make a point.

your friend checked out of the friendship! confront her with your concerns and make her do the same... something good MAY come up from that!

So she was distant after some times you were distant... don't assume this means anything more than your own mistakes did. Give her the extra chances you want her to give you. Maybe openly discuss all of it, like say "I feel like we're not as close as I want & I know it is largely my fault for prioritizing xyz lately, but I want to make 'us' more of a priority. Does that sound good to you?" Possibly she was using her phone to calm anxiety (like a stress ball or other fidget device) or was texting with someone having a crisis, or something else understandable, rather than using it for entertainment because you bore her or anything else offensive. May be an FML but it may be an easily dealt with misunderstanding. Don't assume the worst quite yet.