Peaced out

By tappedants - 25/06/2023 17:02 - United States - Sugar Land

Today, a huge family crisis happened, with an abusive DIL, traumatized 10 year-old grandson, and bit-up, scratched-up son. Son and grandson had to flee their home. My husband (their step-dad for 43 years) announced he's going to play golf. Not his kid and grandkid, so why stick around and be supportive? FML
I agree, your life sucks 703
You deserved it 166

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I’m glad your son and grandson are away from your daughter in law. Your husband seems like a piece of work. Hope things work out for everyone though!

What are you talking about? I think the heat is getting to you.

Comments

What are you talking about? I think the heat is getting to you.

While you’re trying to settle things with everyone, you can cut out the dead weight too. It’s fine if he doesn’t love the stepkid as much as a biological kid, but to be so completely callous about it?…

There’s a whole lot of missing information here, but go ahead and overreact to the headlines.

I’m glad your son and grandson are away from your daughter in law. Your husband seems like a piece of work. Hope things work out for everyone though!

tiptoppc 19

Maybe more like tired of his wife asking him to put up with bullshit she and her ex created. The son would’ve likely left long before that if probably not pressured into continuing a relationship with that piece of shit DIL. My last marriage was kinda like that. Forced into something I didn’t want. So ******* glad I got divorced 6 years ago. Doing much better without my ex (turned dude apparently now, FML (not site), I’ll be changing my last name because of you, since you stole mine.)