Pay up

By Britishboy1991 - 09/12/2016 15:50

Today, I should be working on my big project for work due next week. Instead, I'm walking in and out of the block to get all my things from my flat. My roommate lied about paying the rent for months now and has actually spending all the money on lotto tickets. And no, he didn't win anything. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 573
You deserved it 770

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your roommate has a serious problem... Aaaaaaaaaaaand now it's yours. :/

The room mate is going down a long dark tunnel scrounging for the fewest cents, just a couple dollars roommate thinks to them self, once they find it, they go to the nearest lottery machine, it's been weeks since they have had food last, and he spends that couple on the machine after looking at the menu in the casino. He hits the jackpot, then within minutes after that, he has died of malnutrition...

Comments

Didn't win anything ... as far as you know.

Pretty sure if he won something he'd be paying rent lol

If he won something, he'd have to split it with the OP. If he just pretended he always lost, he'd get evicted, too, then go live in his mansion he bought with the millions he won. PS: Message me, please.

Probably wouldn't be paying rent, clearly got a problem if he spent a few months rent on tickets. Would gamble away the winnings

wow what a prick. seems like something that should have been brought up earlier. you think your landlord would mention at some point. sorry to hear eh

tounces7 27

Exactly - how does this even happen? I mean do they pay their landlord with separate checks? Don't most people at least pay them at the same time? And the Landlord wouldn't even mention missing half the rent for MONTHS? Especially since they'd know they are only missing it from one person? Whole thing seems kinda suspicious.

They could do what my roommate and I do. She just writes me a check for her half of the bills. Then I pay them. We never pay rent separately.

Your roommate has a serious problem... Aaaaaaaaaaaand now it's yours. :/

Anyone else wondering how many lottery tickets this involved?

I think probably enough that we don't want to know.

This shit should be illegal, so that idiots like him don't do this kind of shit

cootiequeen4444 11

I'm pretty sure it is. just the cost to press charges might not be worth it in the end.

The room mate is going down a long dark tunnel scrounging for the fewest cents, just a couple dollars roommate thinks to them self, once they find it, they go to the nearest lottery machine, it's been weeks since they have had food last, and he spends that couple on the machine after looking at the menu in the casino. He hits the jackpot, then within minutes after that, he has died of malnutrition...

thunderniron 22

How do you know he didn't win anything? Obviously he'll lie. ?

OP commented later that his roomate would gamble away any winnings

What a nightmare! The same thing happened to me a few years back only they were spending my rent $ on Meth. I should have known no one loves cleaning THAT much.

Everyone thinks that the roommie would lie that they didn't win anything. I think it's more likely the roommate actually won sometimes, but any winnings would have gone into more tickets. someone who spends rent money on gambling obviously has no restraint on such things.

£2 per lotto ticket.... the rent is expensive in England....****, that is a lot of lotto tickets! Are you sure he didn't win? Who the **** trusts room mates with rent money?