Anger issues much?

By justhatelife - 09/12/2016 14:49 - United States - Brooklyn

Today, my coworker got angry at a mean customer. She came to the back where I work and started punching the wall repeatedly. When I tried to intervene and stop her from breaking her hand, she punched me in the stomach and uppercut me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 327
You deserved it 1 317

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The punch to the gut could have been an accident, but the uppercut was directed at you intentionally. No one uppercuts a wall. You'll scrape your knuckles!

i would definitely report her. Such anger in general is not normal and attacking u when u are trying to help... unacceptable. Yes u can be angry at a costumer. Yes u can express ur anger, but not in this violent way. Its just so unprofessional.

Comments

The punch to the gut could have been an accident, but the uppercut was directed at you intentionally. No one uppercuts a wall. You'll scrape your knuckles!

You're a good person for making sure the customer didnt hurt herself! I'm sorry you got punched though.

It was her coworker who was punching the wall

I think OP was trying to stop the coworker, not the customer

i would definitely report her. Such anger in general is not normal and attacking u when u are trying to help... unacceptable. Yes u can be angry at a costumer. Yes u can express ur anger, but not in this violent way. Its just so unprofessional.

That's psychotic, and you should press assault charges. There's no excuse for that.

Someone needs anger management, and probably a job where they don't need to deal with any person ever.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

I agree. Unfortunately we've moved increasingly to a service based economy without taking into account that some people are ill-suited for that type job due to personality. Trying to find a job that doesn't have you dealing with the public is difficult. And once you start it's hard to change fields. Apply for one job they say no and then ask if you're interested in a customer service position instead. Retail is the pits.

I live in a rather smallish town, so I definitely can't speak for everyone. In my town most of the available jobs I've been seeing are production based, working with only a few other people.

Next time, let the crazy bitch break her knuckles. She'll deserve it.

I hate when coworkers are dicks. We already have enough to worry about, having customers being dicks, and you can't even rely on your coworkers? Damn.