Parenting 101

By Anonymous - 22/08/2022 12:00

Today, I found out that my ex, who fought me tooth and nail for shared custody, doesn’t actually spend time with our daughter during the days he has her, he just takes her to work with him and pawns her off on his secretary, who looks after her all day in a separate office. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 075
You deserved it 117

Same thing different taste

Top comments

See if you can get evidence of it. This is pretty damning and should give you a good chance of fighting that custody order.

whatshername?! 39

If he is not able to care for the child himself during working hours, he should organize proper child care. That's what mothers do as well, because they (often) also have to work. A secretary, that has her own job to do, is not proper child care.

Comments

See if you can get evidence of it. This is pretty damning and should give you a good chance of fighting that custody order.

TomeDr 24

My ex’s tried for 50/50 custody so he could pay the least amount of child support. Didn’t work because neither of us had money to burn on lawyer’s fees and I made it clear that I would have physical custody.

Hey, at least he's kicking ass on "Take Your Daughter to Work Day." You gotta give him that, right?

I love how dads get bashed. They have the right to see their children without their Ex condemning them.

Jimbob271 6

Is he supposed to take the day off work on his days? Quit his job completely? Assuming shared custody is 50%, I don't know of any jobs that allow their employees to take about 6 months off per year because they have their kid those days. What about when the kid is in school, does the kid need to be kept home on the days the dad has the kid so they can be together?

whatshername?! 39

If he is not able to care for the child himself during working hours, he should organize proper child care. That's what mothers do as well, because they (often) also have to work. A secretary, that has her own job to do, is not proper child care.

cpguru24 15

"That's what mothers do as well" Ill call bullshit on this. I have a great idea. How about the OP minds her own business. BAM.

Jimbob271 6

I would say the same, but her issue is that he isn't spending time with the kid. If the kid was in some form of childcare, he still wouldn't be spending time with the kid. And correct, the secretary should not be stuck taking care of the kid.

I’m confused are you more worried that he’s not spending time with your daughter or are you more worried that the secretary is taking care of your daughter instead of actual child care which she should be in so that she can be stimulated throughout the day and not be up all night.