Paperboy on Commodore 64

By Xero_316 - 05/11/2009 21:33 - Canada

Today, I was doing my paper route. I throw the papers onto people's driveways while sitting on the back of my dad's truck. To be funny my dad decided to suddenly speed up, causing me to fall off the back of the truck, face first onto the road. He didn't realize I fell off and kept driving. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 653
You deserved it 4 298

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I hope nothing is broken. That had to hurt like a mother ******.

Skull_300 0

First......................of all, kudos for planting your face on the road and not taking the coward's way out and tucking and rolling. Secondly, it is your paper route, quit Bitching, get your piece of shit bicycle out and do it yourself! Your dad was probably thinking, "I'll teach this Lazy ****!"

Comments

I'm sorry but your dad's an idiot. This is very simple physics he lacks an understanding of..

YDI. If you're going to be sitting in the back of a utility like that, it's common bloody sense to tie yourself to something with your belt or with a piece of rope so THAT doesn't happen.

i had a very close friend who was riding in the back of a truck (as part of his job at a car dealership) and the dude driving thought he was just as funny as this person's dad. he slammed on the gas (even at a low speed) and my friend was thrown, flipped thru the air, and he smacked his head on a curb. his skull was cracked from his temple, around his ear, and down the line of his jaw, he had bleeding and bruising his brain and spend a week in ICU. he's fine and fully recovered now, thank god, but that is not funny ******' shit.

yeah...to mess around like that his Dad has to be absolutely braindead or desiring to off his son...though they're both idiots for going about delivering papers like that, surprised there's not more YDI's

cartoonelvis 0

WTF??? Your father must be a crackhead. Tell him to lay off the meth, man. Your life sucks bigtime with a parent like that!

paladininwaiting 1

ok....i like car-surfing as much as the next guy, but did your dead-beat dad not give at least SOME warning!?!

Get a bike, that's what I did when I delivered papers. Then I got a moped, which was a lot better. Then I quit and got another job, which is the best way I've found to improve the experience of having a paper route.

jchansfan 0

Who else thinks the drive way is a shitty place to throw the paper, i mean really? lol

Indeed. To be honest, I can't really think of anywhere acceptable to throw it. Probably different customs for different places, though - if anyone had done that here, they'd be fired on their first day. If the paper is not in your mailbox and undamaged, you complain. If you pay to have the paper delivered, you expect it to be delivered (in one piece, which is a lot less likely if it's just thrown around like that).

a similar thing happened to me - i thought it was hilarious! i was laughing like an idiot despite the fact that my bone was jutting out my leg :/ that may have just been the gas and air though....