Panic!

By Anonymous - 12/01/2011 13:29 - United States

Today, I was driving when I saw a spider hanging from the ceiling of my car. I'm terrified of spiders, so I was watching it instead the road. When I looked back at the road, I had just enough time to swerve to miss the fire hydrant but not the tree. Even the cops laughed at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 109
You deserved it 32 231

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ninjafriends 1

Thank goodness you made a solo crash. Even when faced with a phobia, please learn to prioritize life over fear of spiders.

Comments

Newmocheybear 5
F14Shado 0
Acousticpixie14 6

I agree with Melanie. Did you ever think to, I don't know...pull over?

Happened to me once, but it was a stink bug that decided to hitch a ride on the steering wheel, and i didnt crash!

Ninjafriends 1

Thank goodness you made a solo crash. Even when faced with a phobia, please learn to prioritize life over fear of spiders.

prince122 0

no screw that I would stop the car and run out screaming and crying. I hate spiders.

While you're right, it's not that simple, Ninjafriends. :

Ninjafriends 1

The right things are not always simple or easy, but still necessary.

Cue the "women drivers" comments. I can't even protest this time, because this is about as egregious as it gets. People like you piss me off, because you put not only your own life in danger, but the lives of everyone around you too. I hope you had your license suspended, you irresponsible moron. Yeah, I'm pissed off today.

Is that really what you think? You think that my opinion is invalid because, in your clouded and entirely erroneous perception, that opinion is similar to a fictional character on a television show that I've never seen? Your powers of deductive reasoning are indeed impressive, madam. I commend you. If you have something constructive to say, then say it. Otherwise, piss the **** off and get off my shit.

I woulda done the same...and I'm a guy...gender has nothing to do with it

#7 um... what? How do you get "Dr. House wannabe" from that comment? Because it's it's a medical diagnosis rife with comments on the pitiful state of humanity? Oh wait. No it's not. He's just (rightfully) irritated at people who don't have the common sense to pull over when there's something distressing them while driving. Not everyone who uses "big words" and proper sentences is imitating someone, you know.

Dammit KaySL, shut your damn pie hole! You aren't helping. *deep breath* Shit, maybe I do need some Midol. I'll take two boxes, please.

Take it as a compliment Doc, House is awesome :D

there goes doc, bitching, complaining and being a whiney pussy as usual. maybe doc should try to stop complaining on fml and write a book?

Acousticpixie14 6

Or maybe you imbeciles could recognize that Doc is complaining about something that is completely legitimate. It was luck that the driver crashed solo and did not harm anyone else. Driver should have pulled over and taken whatever action they pleased from there rather than endangering the lives of the people around him. What if because of some little eight-legged critter, he hit a car with children in it? OP definitely deserves it, maybe next time they won't be such an ass while driving!

BMW, I'm not sure exactly where you get off calling me whiny, a pussy, or both. I don't complain here at all. I call people out if they are talking stupid, but complain? Never. Being a pussy? Well, that's your own idiotic opinion and you're welcome to it. If you think for one second that you can offend me or shame me or get me to change my complaining, whiny, pussy-like ways, then you're even more stupid than your comment implies. Good day, and **** off.

Bunnyy12 0

if your going to be such a Dick. why bother getting on this if people are going to piss you off. obviously that just makes YOU an idiot!

It's the spiders fault!!! Duh! It needs to get its own car.

Llama_Face89 33

Ironically her profile claims she hates stupid people...

LOL! Every Australian has been in this situation. The Alien movies aren't so much SciFi, as tips on how to deal with Huntsman spiders in your car. "Is this going to be a stand-up fight, sir, or another bug hunt?"

if you're that talk then why are you driving a midget car?? no one told you what ******* car to drive...

sourgirl101 28

Your comment made me want to look up "curds and whey". It's old fashion cottage cheese. Now I know.(:

This is remarkably common, especially in Australia where the spiders that get into cars are the size of your hand. Still - it's incredibly important to just focus on pulling over safely. I'd rather be scared for a minute or two than dead, or accidentally kill someone innocent.

**** Australia and it's giant spiders and such

I hate when bugs get in my car!! The lil punks wait until you star driving to make an appearance. Happens to the best of us, next time though, just pull over and deal with it.

Imbored_fml 0

then carefully pull over. don't just continue driving with you staring at it.

wow...it's a ******* spider. you should be more concerned about the approximately 2 ton piece of steel you are driving down the road with. phobia or not...the only way this would be remotely excusable is if it were a big ass and/or deadly spider, like a black widow or banana spider for instance, which it most likely was not.

RedPillSucks 31

Even if it was a venomous spider, pulling over and dealing with it is better than crashing and possibly killing yourself and other people. If the spider bites, only you risk dying. Spider bites dont kill you right away. You can actually call emergency services and get to a hospital. More people die from stupid car accidents than from spider bites.

Yeah I have huge fear of spiders too. expect I slow down and pull over if I have to to get rid of it.. it was right next to me shoulder.