Panic!

By daybyday - 22/11/2011 08:08 - Australia

Today, I found out that what I thought could be a life-threatening issue causing me chest pains was only because I over-obsessed about it. Now not only do I have social anxiety, but I get so anxious I can create fake illnesses. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 664
You deserved it 6 372

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Anxiety is dangerous, overthinking and obsessing can cause serious problems. Sit back and relax OP.

Comments

saIty 17

He's in a better place now. May he R.I.P Maybe... Depending on what he said.

12 - He wouldve been removed, he probably posted something off topic or inappropriate. By the way, nipples.

Better safe then sorry! It's good that it was only In your head. Though, good luck with the anxiety.

That's rough, OP. People are quick to dismiss things like this as hypochondria, but I understand where you're coming from. Talk to a therapist about ways to be less anxious about your health, because that can be really delibitating. My grandmother lived with us for a month when I was younger and would spend all day checking to make sure she had taken her medicine, never leaving the house.

But that's exactly what hypochondria is, overly obsessing with ones health. This can lead to psychologically induced problems, that doesn't stop it being hypochondria. placebo but in reverse, sort of.

Hypochondria is inventing imaginary ailments, while OP is anxious about his/her general health and thus imagined an ailment. Very similar, but hypochondria involves consciously deciding one is sick.

At least you don't actually have a chest illness!

Hmm you could claim that as a disability and claim support pesions

drawmesunshine 17

Free money is not the answer to everything. I want to punch people like you in their crap-lousy faces because for you to get your welfare and food stamps and bogus disability checks, someone somewhere had to give up a portion of their hard earned money which is ****** up. I hate you.

drawmesunshine has it right on the money. That's called taking advantage of the system, and it's a major reason why healthcare is so ******* expensive right now. It's tantamount to theft.

i have social anxiety too so i totally understand how u feel

I have exact same disorder.. it really sucks. But it gets better in time if you work at it.

Panic disorders suck...fortunately meds and/or therapy can help. Good luck.

A healthy mind for a healthy body. Stress is bad for all diseases - big and small. The more you stress - the worse you will get - making you stress more, making you worse,...and so on. It is a viscious cycle and sometimes difficult to get out of. If in doubt, check it out!

Gothicbunnyx3 16

Aw. I'm sorry OP my mom had that when I was in the hospital. Just relax maybe do some yoga or meditation !