Panic!

By Bleach dat Blood - 20/07/2015 03:02

Today, I woke to find a pool of my own blood all over my pillow. Frantic to find the source of the blood, I rushed into the bathroom and tripped over my too-long pajama pants. Crashing to the floor face first, I broke my nose. Turns out I had just bitten my lip in the middle of the night. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 110
You deserved it 3 809

Same thing different taste

Comments

was your dream worth your injuries? ?

It's happened to me too, op. I bit the inside of my cheek after I got my braces a while ago and I was sleeping. I was drooling blood on my sleep apparently haha... It was scary

leogachi 15

Why would you freak out so much and not consider that you may have had a nose bleed? How big was the pool of blood (which I assume is a slight exaggeration)?

Or, if you bit your lip hard enough for it to bleed, wouldn't you feel the pain in your lip and realize it must be related to the blood?

leogachi 15

That, too. There are a lot of holes in this story.

some people actually bite through their tongue in their sleep so id still consider you somewhat lucky

Really? I'd much rather bite my tongue than break my nose. The mouth is the fastest healing part of the body so it would heal a lot faster than a broken nose, it would hurt less, and you wouldn't have any visible marks or scars from the injury, either during or after healing.

I'm wondering about a few things... First, how in the world did you bite your lip hard enough to make it bleed and not feel it at all? Or, how did you not manage to put two and two together if you saw blood near your face and your lip really hurt? And second, how in the world did you manage to fall on your face hard enough to break your nose? Do you have no reflexes whatsoever? Because the only possible way I can see for that to happen is that you did absolutely nothing to even attempt to break your fall, and literally just allowed yourself to go straight down face first and drive your nose directly into the floor. Why didn't you try to catch yourself as you fell, or at least turn your head and/or body to the side so it wouldn't hurt as much or hit anything delicate when you hit the floor? What did you think would happen to your nose if you drove it straight into a solid surface? Have to say YDI on this one. Sucks that you bit your lip, but the rest of it was definitely your own fault.

If you couldn't feel it, chances are that you didn't have to run head first towards your bathroom, sorry, I gotta YDI it