Overreacting mom striked again

By Im homeless - 06/02/2024 00:00 - United States

Today, my mom kicked me out of the house because I missed my curfew and overslept at my boyfriend’s house. She said she’d let me back in on one condition: that I was still a virgin. My boyfriend’s parents won’t let me live with him. I’m currently staying in the Walmart restroom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 667
You deserved it 284

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Call the cops for illegal eviction; they'll make her let you back in. If you're a minor, add child abandonment, and she could get arrested.

Eek, I don't miss those days. My mother was similar, eventually I accepted I would need to lie to placate her, only way to keep the peace. Eventually she mellowed, but you always had to be ready to avoid her triggers. Good luck, maybe see if you can crash at a friend's place.

Comments

Call the cops for illegal eviction; they'll make her let you back in. If you're a minor, add child abandonment, and she could get arrested.

Yes, because calling the cops on your parents is so easy. Assuming she is not a minor, it will gain her a month of living with someone who is really upset with her. And ruin her relationship with her parents for life. I'm not saying that what the mom did is right by any reasonable way, but people here too easily suggest things without thinking about the long term.

@Rake - Her mother already ruined that relationship; there's nothing left to salvage without a heartfelt apology to OP. OP can forgive her if she wants, but I fear this will happen again. It's up to OP whether to call the police or not, but I did not suggest it lightly. Either way, OP would be better off going no contact from her when she is able to do so. The mother sounds like an absolutely toxic bitch.

angeleyes0724 10

Her parents ruined their relationship with her the moment they threw her out. I lived with a mother like this for 17 years I didn't even try to extend an olive branch until well in my late 20s after YEARS of therapy

You could just have said yes and be done with it?

@Rake - Lying to your mother isn't always that easy.

Eek, I don't miss those days. My mother was similar, eventually I accepted I would need to lie to placate her, only way to keep the peace. Eventually she mellowed, but you always had to be ready to avoid her triggers. Good luck, maybe see if you can crash at a friend's place.

If you are under eighteen, you need to call the police.

Are you safe? There are social services in your area and other people that can help. Someone at the Pharmacy may be able to get you in contact with someone that can help. Explore options. Depending on where you are, being on your own can be very dangerous. Try to get some contacts or info from a sympathetic mom with kids at the store. Don't accept help from 'anybody'. If an offer sounds too good to be true, it probably is. We'll be checking in.

I love how everyone is jumping down the mother's throat when OP was the one who broke curfew, knowing her strict mother's rules. Did she overreact? Absolutely. But is OP entirely innocent? Nope.