Out of it

By Walker Alldredge - 15/09/2020 00:02 - United States - Ogden

Today, I was recently diagnosed with mononucleosis. This means that I'm really tired. I had been planning a trip with my sister and my cousin, but I didn’t wake up this morning at 7 because of the Mono, and they didn’t bother to wake me up. They went without me, to all my favorite places, leaving me at home with nothing to do. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 512
You deserved it 660

Same thing different taste

Top comments

They did the right thing with not waking you up, with mono you stay home until you are well.

Aw, I'm so sorry... ...that you missed your chance to infect them and to suck all the fun out of their trip.

Comments

They did the right thing with not waking you up, with mono you stay home until you are well.

ojoRojo 27

They were in the right. You need to rest up and you’re also contagious so you don’t really need to be out in public right now.

Aw, I'm so sorry... ...that you missed your chance to infect them and to suck all the fun out of their trip.

clover1983 12

They can’t be infected unless they kiss her or share any food or drink.

Actually it can be transmitted by any bodily fluid or mucous membrane which means sex or a sneeze, someone's dirty hands etc.

"The virus that causes mono is transmitted through saliva, so you can get it through kissing, but you can also be exposed through a cough or sneeze, or by sharing a glass or food utensils with someone who has mono."

I had that crap when I was 5 years old. It nearly killed me. Please be careful with it

clover1983 12

If you have mono, it wouldn’t have mattered if they did wake you up. I had mono and was so sick with a 103 fever and couldn’t move except to crawl to my bathroom for two weeks.

Get better. They did the right thing as you are contagious.

Mathalamus 24

You can’t go anywhere anyway. Between mono and coronavirus, you shouldn’t go anywhere.

You need rest and to avoid physical activities with mono or you risk rupturing your spleen. Also you could infect the others so staying home is really what’s better for you.

That does suck and being disappointed is valid, HOWEVER mono is highly contagious and I got in when I was 15 and am 28 how And never recovered. I’ve been exhausted since with chronic fatigue syndrome... it is likely the cause of an autoimmune inflammatory response that has been calcifying the lymph nodes in my chest by my lungs over a period of years. And ontop of it when I got histoplasmosis in my lungs in 2016 I began coughing up pieces of calcification that look like little bone fragments, and recently started coughing them up again after going 4 years without, And I also was diagnosed with afib at 25 which is possibly due to the sleep apnea caused by my lung issues. .... mono is highly contagious stay home and rest and don’t give it to anyone 🥺 my best friend in high school knew she might have mono and didn’t tell me til after we had both been drinking out of a soda and I have life long repercussions. I don’t think I’m ever going to reach old age...

You were sick with a contagious illness, and in a pandemic. You shouldn't have planned to go anywhere. YDI