Out of control

By Anonymous - 14/07/2023 12:00

Today, I had to take my alcoholic wife's e-bike away from her that I just got two months ago when she was sober and starting a new job. With in one week she was buying vodka and getting drunk again. When I went home for lunch, I found she tried to cut the chain I put around it with a circular saw used for wood. FML.
I agree, your life sucks 794
You deserved it 110

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sometimes you need to protect yourself and just let someone else hit rock bottom without you. I’m very sorry you’re in this situation, and I wish you the best.

Why not get her to a rehab? Folks dealing with addiction usually don't react well to being treated like a child, let the professionals handle it.

Comments

Sometimes you need to protect yourself and just let someone else hit rock bottom without you. I’m very sorry you’re in this situation, and I wish you the best.

I wonder if she's stupid enough to try that while sober. Doing this will damage everything but the chain: the saw, the bike and the alcoholic.

wouldn't exercise help combat addiction? wouldn't bring controlling help fuel her desire to control her own life? like I don't know all the details but how is that helping her?

You forgot one crucial detail; it's a e-bike, meaning that the amount of exercise she would get is as much as what I get from drinking my daily cup of instant coffee. Plus, have you ever seen a drunk ride a bike? I did, and I am glad the drunk and the parked car survived the crash.

Why not get her to a rehab? Folks dealing with addiction usually don't react well to being treated like a child, let the professionals handle it.

Unfortunately she will not be ready to stop until she hits some kind of rock bottom