Ouchie

By shadowednavi - 26/04/2009 04:35 - United States

Today, one of the guests I was in the middle of seating knocked an empty wine glass from the table. I assured them it was all right, and kneeled down to pick up the now broken glass. The lady insisted on helping, as far as picking the glass up and dumping the shards into my open hands. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 130
You deserved it 3 846

Same thing different taste

Top comments

it's ok. i've been used as a personal shopping basket. some woman came in and asked for help, and proceeded to dump things she liked into my arms. #1, they've got a real job. uncalled for.

Where else is she supposed to put it? Shards of glass can't cut you by just dropping them into your hand; the glass doesn't weigh enough. What a drama queen.

Comments

What's the problem here? The tiny shards of glass have little, smaller shards of glass on them that look like water droplets. It's not the shards that hurt its the little tiny itty bitty razor shards that get stuck in your palms and fingers... kind of like having a lots and lots of splinters in your hand that you cant see. Duck tape will get them out but if you put pressure on them, they will just dig deeper into your skin and since you can't see them, well, you're SOL... sooo I think this FML makes sense.

rwarlol 0

even if the OP got cut it's till not fml. it's more whiny and not being happy with his job. shit happens at work. accept it. in this case, shit happen but it was trying to help you. even if she made a bigger mess should be grateful for her kindness. it's not fml. it's more i need to quit my job b/c i'm unhappy.

jdb2009 0

I think it's time for a new job.

#63, a shard cannot have a shard attached to it, that violates the definition of "shard" Anything attached to a shard is part of the shard, its just one piece, one shard. I'm guessing you mean the shard has really small jagged edges on it? And you say they look like little water droplets and you also say you can't see them? Which is it, can you see them or not?

pinkducttape 0

id rather pick up shards of glass myself instead of having someone drop them into my hands. because if i pick them up myself - i can be careful with them to avoid pricking and cutting - having them dumped into my hands - well to all of you she was helping - let someone drop a handful of glass shards into your hands - if you have no glass shards - try some thumbtacks. i mean the op cant say no to the customer wanting to help - customer is always right or some bs like that. oh and a waiting job probably means you have to continue using those hands that now hurt.

Well, glad to see we have a bunch of dumbasses here on this website. Clearly none of you have worked in the service industry or know basic safetey logic. A) When customers try to help, they usually make things WORSE. I remember being a mechanic for a bit over the summer and I was busy changing a lady's oil. She tried to help by holding the cone for me. She slipped and the oil spilled into the rest of the car engine. Hey people? When you try to help that dirty mechanic or tired waiter with his job, you're usually the reason why he's dirty or tired. B) Have you ever gotten glass dropped onto you? Glass is SHARP. It's fine if you hold it delicately, but if you DROP it on something, it's going to get cut. C) Broken glass=infections and complications. All it takes are a few tiny shards of glass to get imbedded in your palm to make life hell for you.

iPhanny 0

Wait, so I'm wondering, how did the lady manage to "pick up" the glass without being cut first?

The OP didn't use improper English, but better word choice could have been used. Unless the glass cut your hands, I don't see how this is an 'FML'.

YDI for not getting a broom and sweeping it like us normal people do. Why on earth would you think it was a good idea to try to pick up broken glass with your bare fingers? Not only could it cut you but it would also take like 1000x longer to clean up?

blackxmortals 0

I don't get how this is an fml... if it's a nice restaurant (which is sounds like it is since there are wine glasses in the first place), then it's not like there's a garbage can around complete with a spot to pur your tray. What else was she supposed to do? Hold it?