Opinions wanted

By isobell1234 - 01/10/2023 05:00 - United Kingdom - London

Today, I got a 4-hour Saturday detention as a punishment for skipping a regular detention. We had to wear full school uniforms, then sit at our desks in silence and write long boring punishment essays. It was HORRIBLE. I don't think schools should be allowed to detain and punish pupils on a Saturday. Do you agree? FML
I agree, your life sucks 196
You deserved it 1 964

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't think schools should be holding detention on saturday because the teachers are already overworked and underpaid without also needing to sacrifice their weekends, not because of you since you deserve it. Plus, the only one you can blame for saturday detention is yourself, since you yourself admit tbat you chose to skip on regular detention, so what did you expect?

Christina Winden 22

Literally no one is going to agree with you. The entire point of a punishment is to make you stop and think the next time you’re about to do something you know is wrong, and to deter you from doing it. If you’re this upset over a Saturday detention clearly it worked.

Comments

What was the original crime for which you were being punished?

There used to be such a thing as Saturday school. I've been out of school close to 20 years, so I don't know if it's still a thing, but... regardless, if you hadn't skipped detention in the first place, you wouldn't be in this situation. You've got no one to blame but yourself.

SylvarLorali 4

I do agree. I'm a parent, and if one of my kids was handed a weekend detention of any kind, I'd be up at the school telling them that it's all good and well that the child be punished but on THEIR time (so during school hours), not on MINE.

gofyourself55 1

No, not one bit. If your shit disturbed the teachers time, the teacher has EVERY right to give detention on. A Saturday to disturb their time. An eye for an eye. A perfect lesson for ANYONE to learn!

gofyourself55 1

No, not one bit. If your child disturbed the teachers time, the teacher has EVERY right to give detention on. A Saturday to disturb their time. An eye for an eye. A perfect lesson for ANYONE to learn