Oh, he's a "Nice Guy"

By undateable - 18/10/2020 02:01 - United States

Today, I tried to drown out the petulant whining of my idiot coworker as he droned on and on about how, “bitches don’t appreciate good men.” He’s 35, lives at home, still uses the term 'friendzone' and has the hygiene of a sewer-dwelling ogre. I was written up for for snapping and yelling at him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 374
You deserved it 208

Same thing different taste

Top comments

his usage of the word "bitches" is definitely a sign of him being a good man /s

Refer him to "incel" chat rooms where he can commiserate with other losers.

Comments

his usage of the word "bitches" is definitely a sign of him being a good man /s

"From the look of you, I wonder if you knew what a 'good man' was. Because right now you look like you need to work your way up to MEDIOCRE."

I mean, snapping and yelling at him REGARDLESS of his stupidity, life situation, maturity level, and gross-ness is still wrong, so you deserve this. However, perhaps next time you should report him for inappropriate conversation/misogynistic comments? Record him doing it too. Just casually pull your phone out like you got a text or something, start recoding with any free app, and there you go. Be sure you say his name at some point too that he responds to. He likely won't be a coworker for long.

Win 9

That’s pretty black and white thinking. I’m sure OP doesn’t go around yelling/snapping at people. Yelling/snapping at people is not always “wrong”. Context matters, a LOT! Is it always helpful? No. But sometimes it can be. I don’t know enough about the dialogue so can’t say if OP deserves it or not. But your first paragraph is too rigid.

I never suggested OP went around snapping and yelling at people. THEY said they snapped and yelled. Which I'll state again, is wrong regardless of the situation at hand.

Refer him to "incel" chat rooms where he can commiserate with other losers.

OP, the old saying is “Two wrongs don’t make a right.” Yes, coworker was a jerk and an idiot. Had you reported them to your supervisor, he might have been the one written up. Remember that in the future. Yelling in the work place never solves anything (or nearly anyplace else). Have you ever tried politely telling coworker that you don’t want to hear his complaints. If not try it. If idiot boy persists, just get up and walk away. Then when you are calm report him to your supervisor. It’s the supervisor’s job to make sure that work gets done.

I wonder what these downvotes are thinking.

tounces7 27

He's obviously not a good guy, but the "friendzone" is most certainly a real thing.

He may be flawed but that doesn't make kicking him while he's down any more appropriate.

lifeis4me 20

I hope he continues to grow old and alone. You expect that kind of mentality out of 13 year old edgy boys