Oh great…

By stressedandcrowded - 05/02/2011 16:33 - United Kingdom

Today, I found out that my sister is going to spend the last two months of her pregnancy in my house to be with my mother. She's bringing her three wild children with her. The visit also happens to coincide with my end of year examinations in May and June. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 072
You deserved it 3 355

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Moobug 4

This person is from the UK; over here we refer to 'our house' or 'my house' as the family home, not necessarily who owns it. Because OP's final exams are in May and June, it's likely that she is talking about her GCSEs - she's 16 and it's her mum's house. Obviously, her mum's decision would be final, but you'd expect a certain amount of consideration on the part of the parent :( OP, since locks on kids' bedroom doors aren't usually the done thing in the UK, take the advice of an earlier poster and go to a library or cafe to study. Seriously.

Comments

weavermycutecat 0

You don't have to let her in..

bigantennaemay 3

Oh, that sucks. Just because she screwed up her life (she had kids, uh-huh) doesn't mean she has any right to screw up yours, by bringing distractions during your final exams.

Alanah101 0

why doesn't mother dear stay at your sisters??

OP, why not offer to go house sit for your sister? She, her brats and your mother can live together for a couple months and you can have peace and quiet :) If it is geographically possible for you to house sit as well as go to class and do your exams... Voila!

franwins0827 7

Brilliant! I hope she sees this. :)

musicgirl7 0

coffee shops! library!..that is the remedy to your problem right there!..get out of that house if you need too...

Ugh I hate the people saying that if she doesn't own the house and it's her moms that she has no right to complain about anything. What kind of domineering house owners are you guys? Like, maybe if you're the one paying the bills and such, you have the liberty to make the rules for the most part, but other occupants really deserve some choise and some opinions, right? They live there, too!

Georgie_chick 0

Run and don't look back! seriously

princesspixie 0

I HATE kids. I say if they eff with your studying smack them around and yell

Go to the public library to revise instead of at home?

iknowimawesome 13

O me miseram! Tu est puella fatua et molesta. Asinus fossa.