Oh great…

By stressedandcrowded - 05/02/2011 16:33 - United Kingdom

Today, I found out that my sister is going to spend the last two months of her pregnancy in my house to be with my mother. She's bringing her three wild children with her. The visit also happens to coincide with my end of year examinations in May and June. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 072
You deserved it 3 355

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Moobug 4

This person is from the UK; over here we refer to 'our house' or 'my house' as the family home, not necessarily who owns it. Because OP's final exams are in May and June, it's likely that she is talking about her GCSEs - she's 16 and it's her mum's house. Obviously, her mum's decision would be final, but you'd expect a certain amount of consideration on the part of the parent :( OP, since locks on kids' bedroom doors aren't usually the done thing in the UK, take the advice of an earlier poster and go to a library or cafe to study. Seriously.

Comments

Chances are if she's taking exams she's still living at home with mommy. So she's probably not paying rent and has no right to bitch about who her mother invites to live there. If OP doesn't like it she should get her own place!

Chances are the OP is still in high school, it wouldn't make sense for her to move out so early.

I think she has the right to bitch about the 'wild' children. Parents need to control their brats.

TheDrifter 23

I'd say send your mother to her place, but with four kids and none of the fathers in tue picture, I'm going to have to assume that her welfare and child support payments won't support another person until they increase for the new child.

sallen0046 4

Well the main problem is that you don't seem to understand that it is in fact not your house, but your parent's house. When you have a home of your own, you get to dictate who gets to spend time there. Until you're old enough and financially responsible to get a place of your own, you can't complain about who your parents move in. If you prepare properly throughout the semester, there's no reason for you to require any kind of cramming that would be affected by the people staying in the house. Aside from that, there are plenty of places one can go to study, a library being the most logical.

iknowimawesome 13

She said it's HER house. Her mother probably lives with her.

Or, her mother could be living in OP's house and depending on her. You don't know, I don't know, so why judge her so swiftly.

poorjudgement 26

No offense, but although OP said "my house", she also said "my mother", and not "our mother", so I tend to believe OP is too long alone with her mother/parents in her mother's/parent's house and forgetting that most of parents tend to care about all their children and the fact that her sister is married doesn't change that. With this attitude, I believe OP wouldn't allowe her sister coming, if the house really belonged to her (OP). Someone said "library" and I would agree with that.

sallen0046 4

When you have a home of your own, you don't really "find out" that people are coming to live with you for several months. If it's her house and she doesn't want them there, her mother has absolutely no right to invite anyone to stay there for any length of time without her approval. It's OP's fault either way for either thinking she has a say in who her parents let stay in their home, or for simply choosing to whine about her mother moving people into her home instead of just saying no.

sublime420 11

Yeah...OR her old ass mother is living in HER house. Idiots.

derpherp 0

What gives you the right to call them idiots? Idiot.

My name is Keri, I'm so very, fly oh my, it's a lil' bit scary. Boys wanna' marry, lookin' at my derriere, yes you can look but if you touch it I'm a bury.

abi96 0

i can't even read french, and i agree.

i can understand a bit and well he is eres un pendejo

I can't read French either but from my little knowledge of European language I do believe it says you are an idiot

iknowimawesome 13

O me miseram! Tu es puella stulta et molesta. Nothus scortum.

she said its her house, she has the right to kick them out, so she should either quit her whining and take action or quit her whining and live with it

my2centsworth 15

You could ask to stay at her place while she's at yours.