Official notice

By Anonymous - 01/07/2021 08:01

Today, my daughter wrote a statement refusing to have to look after her brother in the event me and my husband die, then had it made into a legal document by a notary. I love my boy, but he's dumb as a rock and will probably be a lifelong burden to us, so I don’t even blame her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 897
You deserved it 272

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DoctorPALO 14

Has he got a medical diagnosis or are you just not a parent who expects nothing so you get nothing?

i'm not sure "healthy, 'normal" is the way to describe someone you seem to think has problems to focus aswell as violent mood swings

Comments

DoctorPALO 14

Has he got a medical diagnosis or are you just not a parent who expects nothing so you get nothing?

So, in the unexpected event both your children become orphans, no matter what age, you can't blame your daughter for simply not wanting to help him. Wow, what love there is with you all.

I know a family in this situation and the brother is like 35. Healthy, normal, but he chronically makes bad life choices and can't/won't keep a job or take meds to help him focus and balance his violent emotions. He'd be in jail multiple times over if he wasn't white and his father wasn't a lawyer.

i'm not sure "healthy, 'normal" is the way to describe someone you seem to think has problems to focus aswell as violent mood swings

Yeah probably not. I just mean his body is physically capable and his IQ is within normal range. His problems are emotional and he chooses to not deal with it when real solutions are within grasp.

Yummi_913 18

On the upside, your daughter is sharp and on top of what she does and does not want for her life. I hope you take the situation as seriously as she does and have a plan set in motion for your son for when you're gone. That's the kind of thing that you can't leave for "later" and his entire future depends on it if he's truly that much of a dependent.