Judgmental much?

By Steven - 03/09/2019 12:00 - United Kingdom - Llanelli

Today, at a supermarket, I ran into a girl I knew in high school. She had two kids with her and they were buying school supplies. My cart was full of beer and snacks. After a chat, she left, not before saying, "I hope things get better for you." I have a job and a girlfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 638
You deserved it 252

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should have offered her a beer and said, "I was going to say the same about you."

404wan 19

Some people just dont know what's appropriate to say. Just because her idea of a good life is schoolshopping with kids, doesnt mean its the same for the rest of us.

Comments

My dude! I'd take your life over hers any day. Apart from the living in Wales thing. Can't ******* pronounce any of the towns' names in the entire country. Never going on vacation there again. I looked like a fool.

404wan 19

Some people just dont know what's appropriate to say. Just because her idea of a good life is schoolshopping with kids, doesnt mean its the same for the rest of us.

Don’t worry about it dude, she is the one that has ruined her life.

You should have offered her a beer and said, "I was going to say the same about you."

Omg, not everyone needs a child to have a complete life. And the ones who feel everyone needs a child need to stop projecting their own wants and needs on others.

I am so deliriously, happily child-free, that I've become kind of militant. The one time I got a comment like that I was so burned that I now preempt their condescension with my own. When some bitch starts telling me "Well, I'm a mom..." or "I have X number of kids" I say "Oh, I'm so sorry!" and when they inevitably stiffen and say, accusingly, "Why?" I look surprised and say "Oh, you wanted kids! Oh. Well that's great then, that's just great! Really!" but sounding very insincere. Funny, I NEVER get that from men. I mean, I've done the "Oh, I'm sorry" when they tell me they have kids, but their reactions only run the gamut of "Yeah." to "It's not so bad."