Not a geography major

By Anonymous - 16/02/2010 05:15 - United States

Today, I had an interview for a college. The college is in Rhode Island. I live on the West coast. When I asked the interviewer if they got to the mainland by boat or by some other form of transportation, he told me Rhode Island is not an island. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 691
You deserved it 65 180

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm guessing you didn't get in? haha, I'm in Australia and I know that!

Comments

ha, good luck at brown university, which happens to be ivy leauge btw.

I'm from Australia and I know it's not an island. Seriously, how could u not know? Is your name George Bush by any chance?

noshtshrlk 0

u mist be really ****** retarded...

dude... what? even if you don't know all those little new england states, don't you know there's no island of any sort out in the northeast? except manhattan, but I certainly hope you can tell the difference

Really? You might want to join the OP in some basic geography lessons. What about Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket? I seem to think those two islands might be in the Northeast.

There are over 40 islands in Narragansett Bay alone.

lol rofl but really how did u get into that school

To be fair, not all of us on the west coast think Rhode Island is an island. I live on the west coast, but go to school in RI myself and I knew it wasn't an island when I applied.

buttonface 0

Why would you ask that? Ydi for asking an irrelevant question proving your stupidity in a pretty profound way.

Getting the interview is easy. I really doubt he's going to get into Brown without knowing the geography of the US.

I get what you mean. Being from RI I was trying to run threw what college it could be. Johnson & Wales, University of Rhode Island, Brown, Rhode Island College, Providence College, Roger Williams University, Salve Regina, Rhode Island School of Design and I am sure I missed some too.

stella23 0

You just missed Community College of RI and the tech schools...I'm from RI but go to school in VT and you'd be amazed at the amount of people up HERE (two states away) that ask me if it's an island. It's a bit ridiculous.

omg I did the same thing lol went to college in VT (I skipped CCRI since you can't live on campus ohh yeah we have tech schools too...lol for such a small state we have quite a few colleges)

hihoney07 0

maybe you should take 3rd grade geography again. this makes me worry for the human race. if you reproduce, please be careful.

I am from outer space and I knew it wasn't a island =)